Another news story makes me lose bit more faith in humanity

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 8:23 pm

Keeno wrote:

why? Very few people do things like that. Think about it. If only 1 out of a thousand were evil and 999 out of a thousand were not evil there still would be over seven million evil people in the world.

ruveyn

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:56 am

Keeno wrote:

This isn't an innate human trait. If it was, we'd see animals being hanged on every street corner. And it definitely wouldn't be "news worthy".

Don't compare these thugs to the rest of humanity; its demeaning.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm

There is an event in Indiana called Snapperfest where people take snapping turtles and grab them by the neck or tail and bash them against the ground,enough people protested and it's not happening this year( THANKFULLY!! ) but this was animal abuse that was allowed and encouraged and small children are present.When you become desensitized to the suffering of animals it's easier to harm others.There are also states that have these hideous rattlesnake roundups where the snakes are tortured then killed for entertainment,if these were puppies or kittens the outcry would be tremendous but reptiles are considered to be unfeeling disposable animals,where is their justice?
St. Francis said" If you have men who would exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man"
ReptileChannel.com has info on the rattler roundup and also lots of interesting things about our cold blooded friends.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
There is an event in Indiana called Snapperfest where people take snapping turtles and grab them by the neck or tail and bash them against the ground,enough people protested and it's not happening this year( THANKFULLY!! ) but this was animal abuse that was allowed and encouraged and small children are present.When you become desensitized to the suffering of animals it's easier to harm others.There are also states that have these hideous rattlesnake roundups where the snakes are tortured then killed for entertainment,if these were puppies or kittens the outcry would be tremendous but reptiles are considered to be unfeeling disposable animals,where is their justice?
St. Francis said" If you have men who would exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man"
ReptileChannel.com has info on the rattler roundup and also lots of interesting things about our cold blooded friends.

That is truly horrible.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 8:25 pm

Dear Kraichgauer, I bet you can guess one of the rattler round up states,Texas.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Dear Kraichgauer, I bet you can guess one of the rattler round up states,Texas.

Doesn't surprise me.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:40 pm

Wow, I am stunned. If someone did that to any pet of mine I would want to turn them inside out for it, this is horrific! :evil:

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

Yes, this does bother me for, often I've read that cruelty against animals can sometimes be seen as a red flag of poiting to further acts of cruelty not just towards animals but, people on a gruesome scale..

ComposerGal1928
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 1:32 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I lost faith in humanity a long time ago. Every time you think you've seen the worst, people will just come up with more ways to cause harm. They don't even need a reason. I can only suppose people do sick things because they must find them amusing.

That, in of itself, should be categorized as a mental illness.

I can't believe anyone would do such a horrible thing to an innocent animal. And the fact that animals can't say "Stop hurting me!" makes it that much worse.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 10:33 am

Keeno wrote:

Your expectations are much too high.

ruveyn

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I lost faith in humanity a long time ago. Every time you think you've seen the worst, people will just come up with more ways to cause harm. They don't even need a reason. I can only suppose people do sick things because they must find them amusing.

Contradiction.

Charmless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Sep 2012, 12:31 am

I don't even like cats...but that is just f*****g sick.

"Goddamn it, you've got to be kind."-Kurt Vonnegut

I like Vonnegut quotes, OKAY?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 3:31 pm

I've lost faith in humanity when I started high school. That's still a very sick story.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've lost faith in humanity when I started high school. That's still a very sick story.

Consider the times when people do good things. It isn't all completely bleak.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

ruveyn wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Consider the times when people do good things. It isn't all completely bleak.

ruveyn

And if anything, we can be shocked by such stories probably because they aren't common place.