Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 10:12 am

... gets annoyed when their parents come home from work earlier than usual?
... starts sorting and arranging things (by size, colour and/or alphabetical order) when bored?
... gets agitated by open cupboards and cabinets?
... spends more money than they can really afford on their special interests?
... inappropriately smiles when trying to express emotions such as annoyance and frustration (I hate that by the way! People tend to not take what I'm then trying to say seriously)?

Feel free to write down your own questions/examples as well if you'd like.

stumbling_forward
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 10:21 am

#1: Yes, but substitute 'parents' with 'wife.'
#2: Yes.
#3: Hell yes.
#4: Did back in the day; that's why I've consciously avoided having/encouraging my 'special interests' for so long (which totally sucks, by the way; but I need to be an adult and pay off past debt and am legitimately terrified of potential future debt. My current "strategy" is to limit my interest in things that are freely available... or at least free with the use of a torrent file, anyway).
#5: Oh you better believe it.

I don't want to start providing examples, 'cause I fear I won't stop. That's actually probably a pretty decent example. :wink:

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 10:21 am

Not at all! I'm the same way (except for the spending too much). When I was younger and lived with my parents, I absolutely hated when they'd show up earlier than expected! I was terrified they would "catch me" stimming or wearing my body armor and interrogate me as to why I'm so strange and why I can't just be normal...

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 10:34 am

Everything except the smiling.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 10:45 am

1: Oh hell yes.
2: Sometimes. Though I rather put things exactly parallel to each other, or tap my hands in a rhythm.
3: A little. I'll close them when I see one.
4: Well I'm tempted to but I can control myself.
5: Yes and that's incredibly annyoing.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

I can relate to every one of the things you said there. The spending on my special interest has been curbed... but I am able to sit down and plan for a big spend so I don't have to later. Also for me it isn't parents coming home early - it is kids.

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 10:50 am

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 11:39 am

Everything. Especially spending too much on my interests! I have nearly $2500 in my 3 RC cars that I race!

When someone says something or asks a question that annoys me and I'm not sure how to react, I kinda smirk and shake my head.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

1. Yes (but more when my annoying brother comes home from school on early dismissal)
2. Sometimes. I start over-checking things because I love neatness.
3. I want to, but I know that I have to spend money on important things, so I control myself.
4. Sometimes. But I'm more of the serious type, people have to tell me to smile because I look angry or sad, and that makes it difficult for me to express my emotions.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 12:11 pm

rebbieh wrote:

Yes!
rebbieh wrote:
... starts sorting and arranging things (by size, colour and/or alphabetical order) when bored?

Not so much.
rebbieh wrote:

I'll close them, but not that anal retentive. And definitely not at someone else's house, not my place.
rebbieh wrote:

Sometimes, I suppose.
rebbieh wrote:
... inappropriately smiles when trying to express emotions such as annoyance and frustration (I hate that by the way! People tend to not take what I'm then trying to say seriously)?

Yes, totally. Many times. Probably a defense mechanism, trying to keep the peace. It only makes NTs more upset and emotional. Fuckk 'em!

The first and last I relate to the best.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

rebbieh wrote:

Yes.
rebbieh wrote:

Usually not.
rebbieh wrote:

No.
rebbieh wrote:

I don't spend more than I can afford, but I often compromise on more important things. Like eating bread and rice all month so I can buy $200 of books.
rebbieh wrote:

No.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Aug 2012, 2:56 pm

brickmack wrote:

This. I especially hate it when my mom calls to tell me she's on her way home, and walks in the door five minutes later. :x

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 4:21 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
When someone says something or asks a question that annoys me and I'm not sure how to react, I kinda smirk and shake my head.

I do that too. Except I sort of snort (or whatever it's called) instead of smirking. Do you know what I mean?

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

rebbieh wrote:
jetbuilder wrote:

I do that too. Except I sort of snort (or whatever it's called) instead of smirking. Do you know what I mean?

Yeah, i do that too sometimes.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/