Looking for friends to chat with in PM/IM

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 10:30 pm

Hi, I am Pondering. I am looking for genuine friends from Wrongplanet. I admit, I am a lonely soul.

The only actual friend I have made here is a thirty year old NT. We are good friends. They seem to like me, we have chatted a lot throughout the years, and shared many good times with each other, helped one another, but they do not talk to me much as they used to. They are too busy.

My NT friend I have says I remind them in many ways of a person their age, and they often times forget I am only 22. In many ways I agree, in my writing except for grammar and punctuation, I'd like to say I am quite alright in that aspect. In honesty, I would prefer friends who are 18+.

Most of the time spent on WP I usually lurk threads that look interesting, ask questions, view others opinions on topics and express my own. Some times I like to post things, then later look back on them and see if I still think this way. You can look at my posts too, I don't really mind. I try to be open minded, caring, friendly, and to express myself to the best of my abilities without being rude. I do fail at these things sometimes, and that is a part of life that I look to learn from.

I guess explaining why I am not good at making friends here is a good start as to why I am lonely? Mostly introductions and small talk. I have serious troubles with these two things. Introductions for me are difficult, I don't seem to know exactly what is a good way to begin an introduction, and I seem to have trouble figuring out if what I am about to say is worthwhile. I am hoping this post is something worth reading, I know it's a lot and people do not seem to want to spend time reading so much so I am trying to keep this short, hope I'm doing well heh... >_>

Maybe I should talk a little about my interests? Who I am? Let's see... I am a very open minded person and caring person, don't like to be confrontational, love to joke around one on one or in a group. I do my best not to negatively judge people, not because I don't want to be judged, but because I don't see much point in doing such a thing unless with bad people like child abusers, aggressive people and other really bad folks. What I try to do is understand people and adapt to their personality, which often times leads to asking a lot of questions. I have a genuine interest in how people think, especially people I know. Hm what else. I love animals I take care of different kinds bugs too, have taken interest in cooking food, love to laugh at tame and offensive comedy, enjoy a lot of video games (mostly online wanna play?), I enjoy almost every type of music though I lean towards more experimental/funk music lately, I'm open to all sorts of music. I play an instrument as well, not good, but I am practicing daily to get better. I really like to think about life, love to think, and expand my minds capabilities.

I have had a bad past. My family have abused me physically, mentally, and verbally since I was four years old on a regular basis, until about the age of 14. I believe I have PTSD now because of it. I have fought the stress/anxiety away with martial arts training, a lot of exercise, meditation, and trying to learn as much as I can about myself and people like the ones I have been abused by. At the moment, I have my GED, but no job. I am looking to make changes in that somewhat soon, I would like to learn to be more independent in that sense, and hopefully some day own a business of my own. I will be moving out somewhat soon as well. Well, I think I've typed enough... or too much to read already so hopefully if there is anyone out there you will send me a message on here or post here and we can get to know each other. I hope I made the right impression. I am looking for some people somewhat like me at least. I am not looking for a partner in romance, but if it comes to that, sure I am okay with that. I have had bad experiences there so I am very hesitant. I'm just looking for a friend and if it turns into more, okay then. I am straight by the way. Thank you.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 6:04 pm

I have had two people PM me so that's nice. I guess my thread made a decent enough impression on a couple people :I

I reckon my ole' momma would be proud!

ntgrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2012, 8:20 pm

I think that one of the qualities that Pondering forgot to mention about himself is loyalty. Pondering is one of the most loyal people that I have ever known. He has been my very good friend for almost two years now. :) During some of that time I was pretty sad and I imagine not that fun to interact with, but he was always there through thick and thin as they say. That is when you know the friendship is genuine. It is not so hard to be a good friend when things are easy and people are upbeat, but when a person is not at their best and a friend is still there, that says a lot about that friend.

I always enjoy our chats and look forward to them. I am not very good at long car rides and I remember once he kept me company for a seven hour trip. 8O

It is true that I am quite busy now, but we still have a good friendship and I think that we always will. I do think it is a great idea that he wrote this post because there are lots of nice people on WP and I think it is a good place to find people to interact with.

Pondering...I hope I didn't embarrass you my friend...but when I saw your post I felt that I had a couple of things to add and I did want to say thank you for always being supportive of me and for all of our good chats and laughs! :)

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2012, 8:25 pm

ntgrl wrote:
I think that one of the qualities that Pondering forgot to mention about himself is loyalty. Pondering is one of the most loyal people that I have ever known. He has been my very good friend for almost two years now. :) During some of that time I was pretty sad and I imagine not that fun to interact with, but he was always there through thick and thin as they say. That is when you know the friendship is genuine. It is not so hard to be a good friend when things are easy and people are upbeat, but when a person is not at their best and a friend is still there, that says a lot about that friend.

I always enjoy our chats and look forward to them. I am not very good at long car rides and I remember once he kept me company for a seven hour trip. 8O

It is true that I am quite busy now, but we still have a good friendship and I think that we always will. I do think it is a great idea that he wrote this post because there are lots of nice people on WP and I think it is a good place to find people to interact with.

Pondering...I hope I didn't embarrass you my friend...but when I saw your post I felt that I had a couple of things to add and I did want to say thank you for always being supportive of me and for all of our good chats and laughs! :)

I could of used friends like these a few years ago. :lol:

ntgrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2012, 8:30 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
ntgrl wrote:

I could of used friends like these a few years ago. :lol:

We can all use friends like this in good times and in bad, it is nice to have a genuine and good friend! . :wink:

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 8:56 pm

ntgrl wrote:

Thanks "ntgrl", I really appreciate that you took the time to type that nice message out :)

ntgrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2012, 10:15 pm

Pondering wrote:
ntgrl wrote:

Thanks "ntgrl", I really appreciate that you took the time to type that nice message out :)

Your welcome! It is not so hard to write nice things, when they are true :)

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

My NT friends is very nice to me guys. If anyone out there with AS is having "NT" problems, maybe this will help change your mind a little, i dunno?:o NT's can be nice people too.

ntgrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2012, 10:39 pm

Pondering wrote:
My NT friends is very nice to me guys. If anyone out there with AS is having "NT" problems, maybe this will help change your mind a little, i dunno?:o NT's can be nice people too.

And I think this is a very good message for people to hear. Friendships can be formed regardless if people are different from each other. Age, gender, race, ethnicity, AS or NT and many other kinds of differences don't always matter.

When people are willing to be open minded...they have a lot more options when it comes to making friends. I like why Pondering started this thread. But I also like this point he is making a lot (not just because he is saying that NTs can be nice people too :wink: ) but because he is saying that differences between people don't always mean that they cannot be friends!

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 1:48 am

ntgrl wrote:
Pondering wrote:

And I think this is a very good message for people to hear. Friendships can be formed regardless if people are different from each other. Age, gender, race, ethnicity, AS or NT and many other kinds of differences don't always matter.

When people are willing to be open minded...they have a lot more options when it comes to making friends. I like why Pondering started this thread. But I also like this point he is making a lot (not just because he is saying that NTs can be nice people too :wink: ) but because he is saying that differences between people don't always mean that they cannot be friends!
Agreed.

Would just like to publicly thank those who have sent me PM's. This has overall been a positive experience so far, I am a bit surprised.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 3:26 am

Am I allowed to bump?
Just trying to make the most out of this thread.
Everyone I have met in PM's has been interesting in their own ways. It has been a neat little learning experience, and bonding experience as well. I would not mind meeting more people. I've tried multiple introductions out of the blue through PM's, to people who seem to have similar interests, or just looking for someone to talk to, but I don't seem to be doing so well there. I don't get many responses when I am the one to PM intros, probably because I'm really bad with introductions, and it likely seems random to get PM's out of the blue. This thread has brought me some good though so I figure I will try my chances once more. Hate to whore myself out, but... I will just try at this again, and if nothing else happens, nobody will hear from me in this thread again, and I will stick to wieirding out people with my random and awkward PM's. :oops:

I think anyone here having second thoughts about introducing themselves here, or trying to make friends should totally just do it. I made this post with low expectations for myself, but I was positively surprised.