Feelings about having Autism (Asperger Syndrome)

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 2:44 am

It's a blessing because I am exceptionally talented with technical things. It's a curse because I will never be able to have a girlfriend due to my inability to read and react to romantic situations. My personality is about as sexy as Ebola.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 6:53 pm

I am generally okay with who I am, even though who I am is autistic. Life has made more sense since I discovered AS, and having a better understanding of my limitations helps me focus more on my strengths. If I had to go back and choose what kind of life I wanted, I'd choose one with AS, as it's made me the interesting person I am today. I'm not going to lie and say it's always easy. There are days when I look back on my miserably executed social interactions and cringe with shame, but then I remember that I'm not the only one with problems; it could be a lot worse. One of the things I like most about AS is that it guarantees I will never be boring or average. The one thing I never wanted from life was to be just like everybody else, with nothing special to contribute.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!