Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 11:24 pm

As you can see in the image my hair is very long. It seems to stop growing round about my waist. I usually wear it down and tucked behind my ears. If I need to look "smart" or I am performing a task which will be disrupted by loose hair then I will tie it back with a bobble - if I tie it back then I usually put it through the bobble once then pull it up into a sort of "bun" thing (not an actual bun though, it doesn't look as ridiculous as it sounds :P). I don't normally like to wear it tied back because I find that, even if it is fairly loose, having my hair tied back makes me a lot more likely to get a headache.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm

wish my hair were thick enough to stay untangled at that length.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 12:26 am

Time will catch up with me eventually haha. It does get horrifically, painfully tangled at times - sometimes I (briefly) think about shaving it all off. I am extremely change-averse however and I have also never found another hairstyle which suits me. I have always said that if I start to get extreme male pattern baldness then I will shave my hair off and just be totally bald instead. It's one extreme or the other for me I think.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

invisiblesilent wrote:
Time will catch up with me eventually haha. It does get horrifically, painfully tangled at times - sometimes I (briefly) think about shaving it all off. I am extremely change-averse however and I have also never found another hairstyle which suits me. I have always said that if I start to get extreme male pattern baldness then I will shave my hair off and just be totally bald instead. It's one extreme or the other for me I think.

so you wouldn't think about wearing a wig at that point?

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 1:46 am

I would probably benefit better from having short hair because I have a sensitivity issue where the slightest touch of hair to the skin drives me insane. Plus it's more work to maintain. But I love long hair and it makes me look beautiful, IMO. Short hair always made me look too dorky or cutesy.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 1:55 am

auntblabby wrote:

I had never considered that until now actually. I don't usually like things touching my skin - I can't wear a watch for example, a common problem around here I'm sure - and my suspicion is that a wig might also cause me pain or discomfort in a similar way. If you were to lose all of your hair tomorrow would you consider wearing a wig or would you go it bald?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 3:05 am

invisiblesilent wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I had never considered that until now actually. I don't usually like things touching my skin - I can't wear a watch for example, a common problem around here I'm sure - and my suspicion is that a wig might also cause me pain or discomfort in a similar way. If you were to lose all of your hair tomorrow would you consider wearing a wig or would you go it bald?

i'm a bit vain so i'd get a wig yesterday. :oops:

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I've had my hair long and short. It's currently short, just falling below my jaw.

[img][800:600]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x449/MakaylaTheAspie/C0EA2E91-orig.jpg[/img]

I generally prefer long hair, but this looks quite nice too.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

03 Jan 2013, 9:01 pm

I got my haircut in December. Makayla, love the new 'do. ;)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Jan 2013, 12:08 am

Thanks, you two. :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

04 Jan 2013, 9:23 am

My style is a mix of the old and new; I've now reached the mid-point of my 20s, and a change was in order; which was part of the reason I got my new haircut.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Grimdalus
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2013, 9:29 am

I prefer long hair because I like to look like a Rocker. Also it covers my pimples.