Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:56 am

Do you go through phases with how you dress. I used to go back and forth with dressing like a dude and wearing feminine clothing. Now that I think about it, women's clothes are much more fun to wear.

So has this ever happened to you? Going back and forth until you find your comfort zone?

As long as you are comfortable you're fine regardless of what you wear.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

I'm very rigid about what I will wear. I prefer to wear a particular T-shirt and jeans that I own, and I get a bit anxious and jittery when they're not clean or when it's a formal occasion.

Given the choice I would continue to wear the clothes that make me happy during formal occasions, but apparently it's inappropriate.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

I have always worn men's clothes since I was in middle school. In high school I was into those large brightly colored men's button up shirts (Hawaiian or with cool tribal designs on them) and baggy pants. I was a bit heavier in high school than I am now so I wore them a size or two too large, and from about 2008 to present (when I dropped a lot of weight) I prefer wearing graphic t-shirts that fit me properly along with men's cargo pants. In the summer I'm all about men's tank tops and cargo shorts.

My accessories include my digital watch on my lieft hand and my chain wallet hooked to my right side.

Imweird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

For the most part, I've always been a jeans and sneakers girl. I had my work sneakers and my "good" sneakers for wearing whenever I was anywhere else but work. When the work sneakers got worn out, the "good" sneakers became the new work sneakers and I then bought a new pair of "good" sneakers. I went through a couple of phases where I tried to buy nicer clothes and shoes but the phases never lasted more than a year. Styles keep changing and I got tired of trying to keep up. I pretty much like dressing like a guy and frequently wear my husband's shirts. I also wear men's boxer shorts to bed with a loose baggy spaghetti strap top.

JessicaAnne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2012, 2:48 am

Oh yeah!

I went through a grunge phase, a totally fashionable phase, all-black darker phase, girlie-girl phase, tailored suits, extremely casual workout clothes every day, masculine/oversized man stuff, and even weeks at a time where I look like a complete slob in sweatpants and don't even bother to brush my hair.

Nerdtopia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Aug 2012, 4:08 am

Definitly. At 15 I went through a phase wear I dressed super girlie to please everybody else, but I felt miserable, like I was playing a role everyday. So I went back to dressing "like a guy" for a couple of years. Now I've found my comfort zone in dressing as a more feminine tomboy: wearing more colorful clothing with more feminine fabrics, maybe with a simple bracelet or necklace, but still pretty casual. Still don't wear make-up, I absolutly hate the feeling of it. It feels like dirt on my face :eew:

I have to say that when you finally find that style that fits you perfectly and that you're just so comfortable in, that's a great moment.

PokemonChampionIris
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

I did go through a bit of a 'goth' phase but I rather not think of it much :?

I was also obsessed with wearing pink like all the time when I was really into Kirby games for about a couple of months lol (around 2008, i think) (and I would put t-shirts and stuff on my head and pretended to have his 'powers'...XD I loved it soo much. i love feeling powerful! :D )

~Pokemon Trainer for LIFE...~

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2012, 10:39 pm

Oh yeah... All of the phases.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 2:12 am

I wear both (male and female - mostly male shirts (with either male or female pants)). Mainly jeans, a big shirt, and sneakers. I only own 2 dresses. The rest consists of shirts and pants.