Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:30 am

Finally decided to start a vlog on youtube!
Made my first video last night and I found out that I NEED to write talking points down so I remember everything I wanna say! :lol:
Gonna try making another one tonight with things written down so it goes smoother.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgAgZLMmVE&feature=plcp[/youtube]
It's weird seeing myself in a video. I didn't even realize I was rocking slightly until I watched the video 8O :lol:

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

Great video, jetbuilder. I can associate with everything you spoke of including not doing good in school except for the subjects I liked or was gifted with such as art.

You also speak very well. I am looking forward to watching your other vlogs. 8)

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:

Really? lol
I tend to get toungue tied very easialy when i'm nervous. I may do better when i have my talking points written down.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
Dirtdigger wrote:

Really? lol
I tend to get toungue tied very easialy when i'm nervous. I may do better when i have my talking points written down.

I think you said something about having what you want to say typed up on your next video. I think you did great even though you didn't have anything to read in front of you. You covered a lot. Even Barack Obama gets tongue tied when he doesn't have his teleprompters in front of him. I think that goes with just about anyone. I would never make it if I didn't have a script in front of me when making long videos.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

I'm actually quite surprised how well everything came out. I would not be able to talk like that in front of someone. I remember having to talk in front of my class in school and it was really bad. I got toungue tied on every other word and i kept losing my train of thought.
I really hope doing these vlogs will help me get over some of my anxiety when talking to people.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:21 pm

Umm, wow. I just got done with my second vlog and it was over 40 minutes!! !! Not sure if youtube will let me upload a video that long. I may have to edit it into multiple parts.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 8:37 am

jetbuilder wrote:
Umm, wow. I just got done with my second vlog and it was over 40 minutes!! !! Not sure if youtube will let me upload a video that long. I may have to edit it into multiple parts.

I think I have seen videos on YT over an hour long. But be prepared to wait for a very long time to upload. I'm looking forward to see your new video or videos. 8)

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38UlRJV52w&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 3:59 pm

I watched your video from beginning to end and you have covered a lot of territory. Very interesting; it definitely sound like you have Aspergers, though it isn’t as extreme as mine. I noticed that you mentioned some things that NTs do as well.

You spoke of scratching one place that itches and you feel itching on other places on your body. I also have this same thing and I can tell you it is maddening.

I also find myself spinning wheels, etc. I installed a residential door closet on my closet door just recently and now I’m always opening it just so I can study the movements of the door closer I’m so fascinated with it.

Do you think you may be bipolar as well? To my surprise, as well as having Aspergers, I’m also bipolar with some of the nastiest temper tantrums you ever seen, trying to hurt myself and attacking walls, the refrigerator and other things, if I bump into one of them and get hurt. It is practically nothing that sets me off. All I have to do is drop something on the floor such as a piece of food or silverware. You wouldn’t believe some of the things I do around here and it shows from the damage I have caused.

Even my routine being disrupted can set me off big time. This has happened a few times on a very few trips I went on. I was never able to deal with people when I had to fly somewhere and stay in a hotel. So it is no more trips for me because of these issues. I only went on trips because they were always associated with my obsessions for objects such as with the backhoe loader and the space shuttle. I got to operate a real backhoe loader for a couple of days. Because I’m so obsessed with backhoe loaders I now own my own real backhoe loader and have operated it on several occasions. But, I have loved backhoe loaders going back to the mid 1960’s and got to interact with them more about 3 years ago, because the opportunity was finally open to me.

I got lucky and found some great information which is telling me that I have Aspergers Syndrome, even though I also have some traits of Autism.

These are the main things that make me an Aspie.
1. Obsessions with objects and routines
2. Sameness, order, Sensory Overload
3. Language development, does have some language problems, but may be within normal. But those with Aspergers don’t have the kind of speech problems as those with High Functioning Autism. Though you get so mad that it leaves you speechless, the same thing happens to me. But, I’ve seen this happen to NTs as well.
4. Motor skills, didn’t walk until 3, can’t comprehend many things, and couldn’t get the hang of driving until I was 28 years old.
5. Lack of Social Skills
6. Lack Empathy
7. Normal and sometimes above normal intelligence. I excel art (gifted). You definitely have normal to above normal intelligence after watching your video.

Here are a few HFA traits that I have.
1. Lack of eye contact, though I’m doing much better now.
2. Repetitive movements-always repeating stuff with a one track mind. I would have to include stimming as well.

But mine goes beyond what’s listed above. I have to admit next to me you are quite sociable. But I notice many with Aspergers are quite social, who are even married and with children. I was never in a human relationship and never wanted one.

1. Socialization and awkwardness; didn’t even want to live with anyone else after I left my parent’s house at 19. I could hardly wait to get away because I couldn’t enjoy certain aspects of Aspergers as long as I was still living under my parent’s roof. I have never lived in a house or apartment with anyone else either as I’ve always been in my own places all by myself, which I love.
2. Don’t have any friends.
3. Stimming which is extreme in comparison to your stimming;
4. Extreme Sensory Overload, especially with hearing and low frequencies.
5. Extremely upset when taken out of my comfort zone or having my routine changed.
6. Fixation on subjects (dreams and dream research) and objects (My die cast backhoe loader toys and replicas) which would include objectophilia. I just stare at the ones in my case while laying with 2 others. But, they are my partners in bed with me as well. A true Aspergers trait;
7. Penmanship. I have to print or use a computer
8. Obsessed with making lists and collecting data, such as this list of Aspergers traits for example.
9. Face tics and strange hand movements.
10. I hate to be touched or hugged which is more extreme now.
11. Talking very soft, everything in-between to very loud as if I'm screaming at people as well.

I have others as well, but they aren’t as noticeable now as when I was a child. And they are:
1. Running around in circles and talking to myself without other children when I was a child. I still talk to myself which isn’t as bad as when I was a kid and I don’t run around in circles anymore but obviously I have substituted this with other things.
2. Picking fuzz off blankets if I was using these kinds of blankets; I have been using the foam rubber blankets now days.
3. I couldn’t walk until I was 3 years old.
4. Gave my teachers a lot of problems in the first and second grades which are why I was taken out of school for a year and graduated a year later. I barely got through school with mostly Ds and some Fs. However, I excelled in art (gifted) and spelling. Did pretty good in English and bookkeeping with B’s and C’s. But like you, I did better in subjects that I was interested in.

I'm also a female.

Sorry for the very lengthy post.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 7:27 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
[b]I watched your video from beginning to end and you have covered a lot of territory. Very interesting; it definitely sound like you have Aspergers, though it isn’t as extreme as mine. I noticed that you mentioned some things that NTs do as well.

What have you noticed that seems NT?

Quote:
Do you think you may be bipolar as well?

I doubt I am. There are sometimes however where something small will happen and it'll put me in a bad mood for several hours because of it. It usually happens when something happens that I'm not expecting. (changes in plans) I'll sometimes want to smash something to pieces if it's not working right, but I'm rarely violent towards objects and never violent towards people.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 6:37 am

jetbuilder wrote:
Dirtdigger wrote:
[b]I watched your video from beginning to end and you have covered a lot of territory. Very interesting; it definitely sound like you have Aspergers, though it isn’t as extreme as mine. I noticed that you mentioned some things that NTs do as well.

What have you noticed that seems NT?

Quote:
Do you think you may be bipolar as well?

I doubt I am. There are sometimes however where something small will happen and it'll put me in a bad mood for several hours because of it. It usually happens when something happens that I'm not expecting. (changes in plans) I'll sometimes want to smash something to pieces if it's not working right, but I'm rarely violent towards objects and never violent towards people.

I would have to watch your video again since I have seen some other things that I've seen NTs do also. But, I will tell you, that stimming in your video is non-existant. But, yes, it seems like you do have Aspergers going on just the other things you have told about such as being fixated on objects and having trouble with social issues though you are somewhat social since you are able to live with other people and has tried relationships. You obviously don't like your routines to be changed but you don't exactly go into meltdowns like I do either. You are also of normal to above intelligence and speak very well which is also an Aspie trait. Another thing I have seen NTs do is wave at someone like you showed and sometimes longer than necessary. I notice you don't have face tics or strange hand movements like I do.

My Aspergers is severe with extreme fixation on objects and extreme meltdowns, extreme social problems. I'm just lucky to have made it on my own though some of my traits are extreme even to this day. But, you seem to have very mild Aspergers where you can deal with the kind of things that I can't. In a way you are lucky. As for being Bipolar I didn't think you were either since a person that has bipolar lose it and have meltdowns just like the lady that lives across the alley and I do.

Please don't think that I'm picking on you but giving you my thoughts of what I was seeing.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 7:07 am

Dirtdigger wrote:
Please don't think that I'm picking on you but giving you my thoughts of what I was seeing.

Not at all! :)

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 7:09 am

jetbuilder wrote:
Dirtdigger wrote:

Not at all! :)

:wink:

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 11:08 am

Dirtdigger wrote:
But, I will tell you, that stimming in your video is non-existant.

Actually, through most of the second video I was messing with one of my RC engines in my lap. (out of view of the camera) I had just got done working on it before I made the video. I kept spinning the motor and moving the carburetor. :lol: