What things do you LIKE to feel, taste, hear, etc.?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 7:57 pm

Touch: silk, water, foliage, wood, metals, art with a texure, fur (especially cats), sand, creamy food textures (yogurt especially)
Sight: Moving patterns (like fan blades spinning), intricate patterns, dark backgrounds with starkly contrasting subjects, fantasy/video game art
Hear: deep/technical bass, refridgerator humming, drums, waterfalls, rain

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Last edited by SanityTheorist on 04 Aug 2012, 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

havnoy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

cats. (i dont have ocd but i always put the cats head in my mouth if no one can see me :)
The smell of antiquarus books, and yes i also LOVE to hug them :)
the smell of girls hair. (when i was little i used to put random girls hair in my mouth, had to stop that :D )
babies (0-2) love to stare at their faces, can do so for hours, the ting i hate most with my dissorder is that i will never mate up, so i can have kids for my own :(
rain, especially in october, when it rains in october i put a t-shirt on and goes outside.
trance music, when ppl become to much for me, but i dont want to be alone, i put my headset on and close the world out.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:07 pm

I like hearing gunshots (supersonic expanding gasses sound awesome).

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

havnoy wrote:
cats. (i dont have ocd but i always put the cats head in my mouth if no one can see me :)

Am I reading that right? Can you even fit a cat's head in your mouth? lol!

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

sights- certain children's cartoons like My Little Pony, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese cat, Everything's Rosie etc. - these are colourful and pleasant to me, soothing- also some children's movies especially Miyazaki movies. -Cartoon animals drawn in a certain way and stuffed animals-I like to look at my collections of stuffed animals-cats -The patterns that are made when light shines on water or the funnel when water is draining out of a sink/tub/into a sewer etc.

sounds-water, rain and the shower- some continuous noises (white noises): the hum of the computer fan (like someone else mentioned) or the sound of my mom's dehumidifier- music: children's folk songs, musical songs, soundtracks from children's/Disney movies, some country, some oldies pop/rock music-anything that's very melodic- the sounds of rhyme and alliteration -wordplay- the sounds of certain words or names

smells- jasmine green tea and certain other teas, the ivory soap with aloe vera, cucumber green tea Dove deodorant, chlorine in a swimming pool, food: pasta , pizza and melted cheese, stir-fry chicken and broccoli, fresh baked oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies, cakes, brownies, fresh strawberries and raspberries, Chinese food

Tastes-Also chewy fresh baked cookies (chocolate chip or oatmeal) cakes (plain chocolate or vanilla - nothing with bits of fruits or ganache or anything (yuck)), cheese cake, cheese, pizza, pasta, chicken and broccoli stir-fry, Chinese and Thai food, some kinds of sushi, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, mangoes, milk chocolate, smoothies and milkshakes, certain teas, Jones Soda and Coca-cola

touch- thick string, the kind that is threaded through a hooded sweatshirt ( to be fiddled with), stuffed animals, cat's fur, the texture of my blanket (I can't describe it properly), my mommy's tummy and arm fat :oops:

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

I like touching plants. There is something comforting about walking through a garden or through a field and feeling the light touch of a plant (unless you are in Australia where even the plants want to kill you :D )

Visually, one of my greatest pleasures is seeing a beautifully composed image (preferably black and white). I can get lost in Henri Cartier-Bresson's photographs. And Franz Kline's oversized calligraphic paintings are very captivating for me. My first experience with his work was walking around a corner of an art museum and seeing one at the other end of the gallery and just having to stop and stare for some time.

I enjoy the strangely poisonous smell of tomato plants. And garlic cooked in olive oil.

As for taste... Well, more garlic cooked in olive oil.

When it comes to music, I like the raw, rough edged quality of old blues. But probably the sound l love most is that of rain. I like anything from a gentle rain on up to heavy downpours complete with nearby thunder. I like the hard edged pings of heavy drops on a metal roof and the soft patter of heavy drizzle on leaves.

SHEILD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2012, 1:13 am

The smell of my cat...kind of weird, but I've noticed that cats smell different from dogs and they're soft so I like the feel of my cat's fur. (I love petting dogs at the park or going into pet stores to play with the animals :3

Also the taste of metal -I ate a screw once because of this and was lucky that it didn't puncture my organs...

birchbark
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2012, 1:15 am

Hearing: chickens clucking, mourning doves calling, cats purring, music with banjos in it, the sound of a sewing machine

Sight: mushroom brown, "blue" fir trees (the color is just fascinating)

Touch: my cat's fur (it's much softer than average), putting the palms of my hands flat on any cold surface (as long as I can do both hands)

Smell: dill, outdoors after rain, outdoors when it's extremely cold, baking banana bread (I think I could live in that smell...)

Taste: cheese pizza from this one place in my town, lime, morning star farms "chicken" nuggets

havnoy

05 Aug 2012, 6:58 am

lol, i use my lips to cuddle with it :) do not put the whole head in there, but as much as possible :) sound like a real strange thing to do, therefore i am real happy for the wrong planet forum, guess at least some of the guys here do the things i do, because, strangly enough, my friends dont :)