What things do you LIKE to feel, taste, hear, etc.?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

greyjay
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

Sight: books, bones, glass, plants, anything green, most sparkly things as long as they are not also neon colours, reflections of water

Smell: rain, leaves, mushrooms, amber musk incense, old books, vanilla, and tea. Sage, cedar and natural tobacco are also soothing because I associate them with safe places such as ceremony and home but too much can still be overpowering.

Touch: walking on warm stone, silk, soft cotton or linen clothing, wax, working with clay, the combination of the wind and the electrical feeling of thunderstorms and tornados, the homespun yarn in my blanket, I also find it grounding to hold onto my forearms when I'm in crowds

Sound: any running water that isn't a faucet. Grosbeaks, finches, kinglets, and crows (as long as they haven't started 2:30 in the morning because the neighbor's motorcycle woke them up). Drums (especially grandmother drums or bodhrans) and fiddle music, again probably because of associations with home. I don't normally like electronic music, but I find listening to A Tribe Called Red can help diffuse some tension prior to a meltdown.

Taste: anything chocolate, or spicy, lions mane mushrooms, most meat pies or pasties or frybread (even though I can't have gluten :( ), mild astringent tastes such as green or oswego tea, certain sour fruit tastes such as wild grapes, mayapples, black redberries, or pie cherries.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 7:57 pm

Touch: silk, water, foliage, wood, metals, art with a texure, fur (especially cats), sand, creamy food textures (yogurt especially)
Sight: Moving patterns (like fan blades spinning), intricate patterns, dark backgrounds with starkly contrasting subjects, fantasy/video game art
Hear: deep/technical bass, refridgerator humming, drums, waterfalls, rain

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Last edited by SanityTheorist on 04 Aug 2012, 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

havnoy

04 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

cats. (i dont have ocd but i always put the cats head in my mouth if no one can see me :)
The smell of antiquarus books, and yes i also LOVE to hug them :)
the smell of girls hair. (when i was little i used to put random girls hair in my mouth, had to stop that :D )
babies (0-2) love to stare at their faces, can do so for hours, the ting i hate most with my dissorder is that i will never mate up, so i can have kids for my own :(
rain, especially in october, when it rains in october i put a t-shirt on and goes outside.
trance music, when ppl become to much for me, but i dont want to be alone, i put my headset on and close the world out.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:07 pm

I like hearing gunshots (supersonic expanding gasses sound awesome).

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

havnoy wrote:
cats. (i dont have ocd but i always put the cats head in my mouth if no one can see me :)

Am I reading that right? Can you even fit a cat's head in your mouth? lol!

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

sights- certain children's cartoons like My Little Pony, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese cat, Everything's Rosie etc. - these are colourful and pleasant to me, soothing- also some children's movies especially Miyazaki movies. -Cartoon animals drawn in a certain way and stuffed animals-I like to look at my collections of stuffed animals-cats -The patterns that are made when light shines on water or the funnel when water is draining out of a sink/tub/into a sewer etc.

sounds-water, rain and the shower- some continuous noises (white noises): the hum of the computer fan (like someone else mentioned) or the sound of my mom's dehumidifier- music: children's folk songs, musical songs, soundtracks from children's/Disney movies, some country, some oldies pop/rock music-anything that's very melodic- the sounds of rhyme and alliteration -wordplay- the sounds of certain words or names

smells- jasmine green tea and certain other teas, the ivory soap with aloe vera, cucumber green tea Dove deodorant, chlorine in a swimming pool, food: pasta , pizza and melted cheese, stir-fry chicken and broccoli, fresh baked oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies, cakes, brownies, fresh strawberries and raspberries, Chinese food

Tastes-Also chewy fresh baked cookies (chocolate chip or oatmeal) cakes (plain chocolate or vanilla - nothing with bits of fruits or ganache or anything (yuck)), cheese cake, cheese, pizza, pasta, chicken and broccoli stir-fry, Chinese and Thai food, some kinds of sushi, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, mangoes, milk chocolate, smoothies and milkshakes, certain teas, Jones Soda and Coca-cola

touch- thick string, the kind that is threaded through a hooded sweatshirt ( to be fiddled with), stuffed animals, cat's fur, the texture of my blanket (I can't describe it properly), my mommy's tummy and arm fat :oops:

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

I like touching plants. There is something comforting about walking through a garden or through a field and feeling the light touch of a plant (unless you are in Australia where even the plants want to kill you :D )

Visually, one of my greatest pleasures is seeing a beautifully composed image (preferably black and white). I can get lost in Henri Cartier-Bresson's photographs. And Franz Kline's oversized calligraphic paintings are very captivating for me. My first experience with his work was walking around a corner of an art museum and seeing one at the other end of the gallery and just having to stop and stare for some time.

I enjoy the strangely poisonous smell of tomato plants. And garlic cooked in olive oil.

As for taste... Well, more garlic cooked in olive oil.

When it comes to music, I like the raw, rough edged quality of old blues. But probably the sound l love most is that of rain. I like anything from a gentle rain on up to heavy downpours complete with nearby thunder. I like the hard edged pings of heavy drops on a metal roof and the soft patter of heavy drizzle on leaves.

SHEILD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2012, 1:13 am

The smell of my cat...kind of weird, but I've noticed that cats smell different from dogs and they're soft so I like the feel of my cat's fur. (I love petting dogs at the park or going into pet stores to play with the animals :3

Also the taste of metal -I ate a screw once because of this and was lucky that it didn't puncture my organs...

birchbark
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2012, 1:15 am

Hearing: chickens clucking, mourning doves calling, cats purring, music with banjos in it, the sound of a sewing machine

Sight: mushroom brown, "blue" fir trees (the color is just fascinating)

Touch: my cat's fur (it's much softer than average), putting the palms of my hands flat on any cold surface (as long as I can do both hands)

Smell: dill, outdoors after rain, outdoors when it's extremely cold, baking banana bread (I think I could live in that smell...)

Taste: cheese pizza from this one place in my town, lime, morning star farms "chicken" nuggets

havnoy

05 Aug 2012, 6:58 am

lol, i use my lips to cuddle with it :) do not put the whole head in there, but as much as possible :) sound like a real strange thing to do, therefore i am real happy for the wrong planet forum, guess at least some of the guys here do the things i do, because, strangly enough, my friends dont :)