Gay Relationships - Happier and Healthier

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:10 pm

http://www.blogher.com/are-gay-relation ... aight-ones

Seems about right...there is always one dominant and one submissive one in the relationship and similar neurology so there is less grounds for confusion.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2012, 5:30 pm

I am pretty neutral on the subject of homo vs. hetero, but I will not deny that I am fairly against all intimate relationships.
However - I will agree on this. About 50% of marriages fail within the first 5 years, and 75% of second marriages fail as well. The article very well summarizes why I chose not to be against homo-relationships.

Flamencita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2012, 10:32 am

SanityTheorist wrote:
http://www.blogher.com/are-gay-relationships-happier-and-healthier-straight-ones

Seems about right...there is always one dominant and one submissive one in the relationship and similar neurology so there is less grounds for confusion.

I think I'd have to disagree there. I believe that in a same sex relationship there doesn't need to be one dominant and one submissive, sometimes it changes, sometimes the people are submissive or dominant in diffferent areas of their life/relationship. I know in my experience I couldn't say whether I or my partner was dominant or not, we both were sometimes.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

Perhaps Flamencita. I just notice perosnally I am dominant around women and submissive around most men.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Flamencita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2012, 11:18 am

Interesting. I think to a certain extent I am the same (I'm a girl) as I guess we are kinda programmed to be like that and society also has an impact on pushing those gender roles. I think in general with guys and girls we can feel this natural dominance and submission but in relationships it is more evened out, unless both people like their role as dominant or submissive.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

18 Aug 2012, 10:57 pm

One of the best relationships in our family is that of my lesbian cousin and her wife (yes they got married in New York). They been happily together for over 25 years and they are so cute together, got that ,been together so long they finish each other's sentences, adorableness going on.

The hetro couples in our family fight like Tasmanian devils in mating season, with the exception of the folks on my mother's side which are pretty doctile, traditional gender rolls are kinda believed by most of them...they are mostly farmers, ministers, doctors, nurses.
But even out of them, my cousin and her wife are more content.

I been to a number of churches where preachers are chewing out their congregation for having the same rate of divorce as "worldly people" and how they need to, " be not to be of this world. although they are in it." Maybe, just maybe, if they take time to stop bashing us, maybe they can learn a thing or two from us about being "outta this world". :P ya I did go there.

Jojo

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 8:05 am

jojobean wrote:
One of the best relationships in our family is that of my lesbian cousin and her wife (yes they got married in New York). They been happily together for over 25 years and they are so cute together, got that ,been together so long they finish each other's sentences, adorableness going on.

The lesbian urge to merge hasn't died yet? Oh no.

Flamencita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2012, 9:21 am

Jojo, your cousin and her wife sound really sweet! =)
Whether you are straight or not doesn't really decide whether you will get on with your partner or not, but I guess there are less gender roles and general married expectations due to it only being largely accepted fairly recently in the scale of things.
It's interesting. Kinda like countries too. I live in Australia and although the majority of us came from Britain we are still very much a separate country and a much younger one and we don't have as much baggage as other countries have - age old feuds between us and other countries or wars or whatever. If you can see what I mean I think it's similar for gay couples.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 11:09 am

It is the flexibility of gender roles that make it work.