Do any of you aspies find it hard to find relationships?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Confuddlement
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2012, 8:17 am

I am a 16 year old girl and I have never been in a relationship, is that really weird??
Have any of you had relationships?
Is it the aspergers or just me???

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 8:34 am

I think you should go get hired on Perverted Justice. It is an organization that helps minors to find adult dates. Each minor gets to date several adults per day. The adults end up in jail but that is all worth it because love is everything.

JuggaspieZ2k
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Aug 2012, 11:46 am

I don't want a relationship.

Confuddlement

06 Aug 2012, 12:08 pm

Roman wrote:
I think you should go get hired on Perverted Justice. It is an organization that helps minors to find adult dates. Each minor gets to date several adults per day. The adults end up in jail but that is all worth it because love is everything.

Haha sounds delightful...I'm not that desperate yet!:L

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

I've been in 3 unsuccessful relationships. You're not missing out on much.

Charmless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Aug 2012, 12:55 am

I'm about your age and have never even attempted to enter a relationship sooo...On the other hand, in addition to being an aspie I'm also probably an insane person. Not sure if I want one.

"Goddamn it, you've got to be kind."-Kurt Vonnegut

I like Vonnegut quotes, OKAY?

_DyL_

07 Aug 2012, 5:49 am

I've been in a few, I know how to 'get a girl' though I don't see the point.
It'll last 2 weeks, you'll end up ruining your friendship(s) and it's just pointless.. >.<

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

07 Aug 2012, 10:20 am

I'm 18 and I haven't been in a relationship yet, and I'm not planning on actively trying to get one anytime soon. Don't worry about it.

screamingsilently
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

_DyL_ wrote:
I've been in a few, I know how to 'get a girl' though I don't see the point.
It'll last 2 weeks, you'll end up ruining your friendship(s) and it's just pointless.. >.<

This is how I feel about most relationships too. I'm in a relationship and have been for almost a year. But the majority of relationships I've had before then (not many though) were pretty much just that. And this is the case with most people as well.
I find that relationships for myself are hard. And I do think that having aspergers may play a bit of a role in it.
I generally don't like friendships, and if I do it's few people I like to be around and we normally don't talk too much, and I don't see them often as I get what I like to call "socially exhausted" very easily.
And with being in a relationship they'll usually want to spend time with you ALL the time, unless you find someone who also likes to have a bit of their own space.
It's also difficult if they don't understand your diagnosis in some cases. (depends on each person, you know?)

But I basically feel that searching for a relationship is pointless. Coming across someone, becoming friends, then turning it into a relationship is usually the best thing I think. That way you can get to know them and they can get to know you.

Your Aspie score: 171 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 17 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie