Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2012, 9:20 pm

What's up Wrong planet? Apparently I have "Asperger traits." I inherited some of my father's Aspergers, which might not make sense if you consider Aspergers an all or nothing kind of thing. But it makes sense if you see things as a spectrum.

I've crept around the forums a little bit, I look forward to contributing as I figure this thing out, and look forward to learning a few things.

I hail from Southern Californ I A.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 11:03 pm

Welcome to WP.

Some people who have a lot of Aspie traits, but don't qualify for a diagnosis, are sometimes known as "BAP" (Broad Autism Phenotype). The term is usually used in research about the near relatives of diagnosed people: people with BAP tend either to have some, but not all, the Aspie traits, or to have all the Aspie traits, but in a very mild form that doesn't warrant a diagnosis with a "disorder".

There is a {BAP test}, if you are interested (click on phrase in curly brackets).

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2012, 11:17 pm

Thank you and hello one-a-n.

I may well be a BAP :) I haven't seen my doc since he told me this, and the first question I want to ask him when I see him is "so, how much am I"

Aspergers has been on my radar for a while, I've been talking about my dad in therapy for years, Autism has showed up in other family members, but not until my doc said what he said, have I really been thinking about it. Everything I've read so far about Aspergers has given me that "everything finally makes sense" feeling.

Lemme give that link a looksie....