Anyone had a gf that was bigger, taller or larger than you?

Page 3 of 5 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 174
Location: Cleveland, OH

09 Aug 2012, 5:35 pm

PastFixations wrote:
Mike_the_EE wrote:
Kind of funny though, a woman who I have a crush on is 5' 0".

I hope your not having a crush on my mother... :? I'm guessing not though.


Your mother is quite safe. It would probably be more appropriate, however. This woman is young enough to be my daughter. :oops:


_________________
That was the equation!
Existence, survival must cancel out programming.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200


PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,735

09 Aug 2012, 6:34 pm

Mike_the_EE wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
Mike_the_EE wrote:
Kind of funny though, a woman who I have a crush on is 5' 0".

I hope your not having a crush on my mother... :? I'm guessing not though.


Your mother is quite safe. It would probably be more appropriate, however.

I literally cringed when I saw that. :lol:


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."


BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,285

09 Aug 2012, 6:37 pm

metaldanielle wrote:
I am starting to date a guy who is a couple inches shorter than me. It feels a bit awkward. Hugging and stuff.

Date a guy 6-8" shorter so he can rest his head on your bosom when you hug. ;)



PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,735

09 Aug 2012, 6:58 pm

BlueMax wrote:
metaldanielle wrote:
I am starting to date a guy who is a couple inches shorter than me. It feels a bit awkward. Hugging and stuff.

Date a guy 6-8" shorter so he can rest his head on your bosom when you hug. ;)

:lmao: That was awful but funny.


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."


metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,405

10 Aug 2012, 1:01 am

BlueMax wrote:
metaldanielle wrote:
I am starting to date a guy who is a couple inches shorter than me. It feels a bit awkward. Hugging and stuff.

Date a guy 6-8" shorter so he can rest his head on your bosom when you hug. ;)

*tries to make a mad face but can't stop the smile from creeping in* lol I actually prefer the opposite, so I can rest my head on his. :p



PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,735

10 Aug 2012, 2:26 am

metaldanielle wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
metaldanielle wrote:
I am starting to date a guy who is a couple inches shorter than me. It feels a bit awkward. Hugging and stuff.

Date a guy 6-8" shorter so he can rest his head on your bosom when you hug. ;)

*tries to make a mad face but can't stop the smile from creeping in* lol I actually prefer the opposite, so I can rest my head on his. :p

He has man bosoms? :razz: :lol:
Sorry I couldn't resist.


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."


hyperlexian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,997
Location: with bucephalus

10 Aug 2012, 3:00 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
But at 5'1", I've not had the experience of dating someone shorter.

yeah i am 5'2" and i didn't have a chance to encounter anyone who is shorter than me. i dated one man who was 5'4". and one who was 6'8", for the record.

my grandmother was 4 inches taller than my grandfather.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,409

10 Aug 2012, 4:18 am

metaldanielle wrote:
I am starting to date a guy who is a couple inches shorter than me. It feels a bit awkward. Hugging and stuff.

Why awkward? It's not physically difficult, men take it in their stride.

I suspect we're getting back to this parent-child thing, where the man's head has to be above the woman's because that underlines his identity as the woman's father-figure and as an authority, literally above her.

Or maybe you just never went with a shorter man before and need time to readjust.



Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,336
Location: LA-ish

10 Aug 2012, 7:37 am

I'm fairly tall (6'), but thin so most of the women I have dated outweigh me somewhat. I have no problem with it unless she turns out to be prone to physical violence, which happens to me with astonishing regularity... :(



FMX
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411

10 Aug 2012, 9:59 am

I've never had a GF at all, but I'd be fine with one that was somewhat taller or heavier. In fact, a lot heavier may be fine too. :) A lot taller could get awkward, I guess.



metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,405

10 Aug 2012, 12:39 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
metaldanielle wrote:
I am starting to date a guy who is a couple inches shorter than me. It feels a bit awkward. Hugging and stuff.

Why awkward? It's not physically difficult, men take it in their stride.
Oh, it doesn't bother him a bit.:mrgreen: It just feels awkward to me, because it feels similar to hugging a little kid.

I suspect we're getting back to this parent-child thing, where the man's head has to be above the woman's because that underlines his identity as the woman's father-figure and as an authority, literally above her.
You're probably right, I see it more as a protector kind of thing, heaven knows I am not gonna let anyone have authority over me. I'm not sure, maybe it is biologically programmed, at least in me. I do know I am used to hugging people taller than me. The only person shorter than me in my family is my sister, so I guess that my brain has connected hugging shorter people with a protective mothering thing and that is where the weirdness comes from.
Or maybe you just never went with a shorter man before and need time to readjust.

I never went w/ any guys before.



Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 May 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 912

11 Aug 2012, 10:39 pm

I've only had crushes on shorter men.. some of which are a whole head lower then me. I am 5'10.. I probably crush on 5'5's.. I think short people "may" like me.. but they don't really like my stringy anorexic appearance sooo... I must gain some weight..



Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Age: 175
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,902

11 Aug 2012, 11:52 pm

Hmm

Disregard my initial post

I've been the shorter one except for two women, one was my height, the other one was slightly below. I'm really short so it's common I meet a woman who is taller than me. I have outweighed women in R/S's, except for two women... I am a bit muscular, spent years gaining mass. They both had weight issues. Both slimmed down eventually, but I think one of them was still heavier than me even when they did lose weight. I think by 5 or 10 lbs. I do like some women with a little meat on them, and taller chicks are attractive to me so it was not a bother. None of the taller women seemed to mind my short height either. They thought I was cute.


_________________
Don't you mind people grinnin' in your face


meems
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Dec 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,093

12 Aug 2012, 1:39 am

Most women I've ever dated have been shorter than me and weigh quite a bit more than me. I'm 5'9" so it's rare that I encounter women who are taller than me... at least so far.



wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,712
Location: usa

12 Aug 2012, 1:47 am

deltafunction wrote:
Solvejg wrote:
vindaloo wrote:
I wish, but it's gonna be unlikely. I'm 6' 3".


i am taller. lol

also spongy. she may have been hurt like i was. when i was a child i did calesthenics and gymnastics until at the age of 7, i was kicked out for being too tall. it was the first time i realised i was a freak and abmormal. My daughter will not do these types of activities because i refuse to have other people tell her that her body is wrong while all the other girls are ok at such a young age.


It happens to shorter people, too, for things like modelling and basketball,. Either way, in sports, there can be discrimination based on heights. But I've felt as a short woman that more doors were open if you were tall. You have a greater arm span that helps you swim faster, you have longer legs that help you run and jump better, etc. In fact, it seems a taller figure plays as an advantage in most sports where height makes a difference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Sports

Anyways, to answer the question, at 5'3", I haven't had a boyfriend who was taller than me. But since I weight the same as my boyfriend who is 5'6", I am a bit bigger than him.
huh? you say you are 5'3 yet havent had a taller bf..yet say your current bf is 5'6?