People telling me to taste color and other impossible things

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2012, 3:38 pm

Callista: I've never directly studied connotation in school, but it is generally implied in much of the literature analysis that I did do. However, I still don't really get how to apply it to tasting colours. To use your example, perhaps I might be able to associate the colour blue with the ocean if a) the ocean was naturally blue instead of simply reflecting the sky and b) if everything blue tasted of salt water.

Ann2011: I would too, except that I get a certificate at the end which can go in my CV and there is only 6 days left.

Janissy: I'm not able to think in metaphors. I think. The only time I've ever been sucsessful in that is when explaining physics to people, and not being able to do that without metaphors (which I don't actually understand). Mostly I just memorise metaphors that other people have used, but occasionally I've been able to come up with my own with much thinking on the subject.

What you say about boundaries is interesting, and probably applies to most people. However, I really don't think it applies to me. I am quite a good actor, and have been told so by enough people to believe it, and yet I clearly am not capable of what you describe. I'm not considering acting as a career for other reasons.

The problem is not just taking the teacher literally, but really not understanding what I'm supposed to do. But perhaps I should just ignore the instructions under the assumption she wouldn't be able to explain it to me anyway.

I had another argument with her today, and she seems to have simply decided she hates me for attempting to inject logic into her insanity. She made me repeat what I said to her 12 times while sounding angry for no discernable reason.