Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DannyRaede
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 11:59 am

I had a problem with this for a while also.

Here's how I solved it:

Try to make an "L" with both of your hands. Now which one makes the correct letter L and which one makes a backwards L (Use your index finger and thumb).

The one that makes the correct L is your Left hand.

If you can't remember which way an L goes, just imagine writing out a word with a capital L in it.

phyrehawke
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

Good one Danny! :)

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Yep. I didn't learn my right from my left till I was in grade school. I still have to think about which is which often sticking a pen in one hand to see which it feels better in in and then I go ah yes, this is the right hand. I'm partially ambidexterous though.

My daughter who is dxed IS currently ambidexterous as I've seen her use crayons in both hands and draw with both.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 1:31 pm

sometimes I forget but I have a scar on my left wrist from when broke it and had to have pins put in. so I look for that.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 11:00 pm

I'll sometimes get the two crossed up, particularly when giving directions. I might tell someone to turn left when I mean to tell them to turn right; I know it's a right turn, but I'll say it's a left.

I didn't learn my left from right until first grade, and even then, for a couple years afterward, I had to rely on a mnemonic to remember. Also, I was ambidextrous as a kid, and still am to some extent.