Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,050
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Aug 2012, 10:11 pm

aghogday wrote:
Image

All in the Family. :)


Geez! He does look like a Romney spawn!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,590

13 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

Too big a smile.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,674
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Aug 2012, 2:40 am

romney arrogantly believes the election is already in the bag, so he doesn't even have to try to appeal to anybody but the hardcore tea party base who will come out in droves to vote for him. or at least that is what he thinks. but i'm afraid that he might've calculated correctly.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,050
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Aug 2012, 3:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
romney arrogantly believes the election is already in the bag, so he doesn't even have to try to appeal to anybody but the hardcore tea party base who will come out in droves to vote for him. or at least that is what he thinks. but i'm afraid that he might've calculated correctly.


I sure hope he miscalculated. Or else Inuyasha will come back and rub our noses in his side's big win. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,674
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Aug 2012, 9:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
romney arrogantly believes the election is already in the bag, so he doesn't even have to try to appeal to anybody but the hardcore tea party base who will come out in droves to vote for him. or at least that is what he thinks. but i'm afraid that he might've calculated correctly.


I sure hope he miscalculated. Or else Inuyasha will come back and rub our noses in his side's big win. :lol:

as i said in my thread about it, romney must believe that the combo of republican voter suppression in 31 states plus their ownership of diebold and other voting tabulation machine companies, is going to swing the vote their way, so he doesn't have to worry about anything. and i'd rather not think about the WP poster you mentioned, i'd rather think about happy things.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,050
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Aug 2012, 10:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
romney arrogantly believes the election is already in the bag, so he doesn't even have to try to appeal to anybody but the hardcore tea party base who will come out in droves to vote for him. or at least that is what he thinks. but i'm afraid that he might've calculated correctly.


I sure hope he miscalculated. Or else Inuyasha will come back and rub our noses in his side's big win. :lol:

as i said in my thread about it, romney must believe that the combo of republican voter suppression in 31 states plus their ownership of diebold and other voting tabulation machine companies, is going to swing the vote their way, so he doesn't have to worry about anything. and i'd rather not think about the WP poster you mentioned, i'd rather think about happy things.


Agreed.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



abstract
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 160

19 Aug 2012, 4:51 pm

aghogday wrote:
He's 40, but that still is still young for a potential vice-president.

Yeah, sorry about that. Not entirely sure what I was thinking when I posted that he was 28.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,674
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Aug 2012, 8:00 pm

abstract wrote:
aghogday wrote:
He's 40, but that still is still young for a potential vice-president.

Yeah, sorry about that. Not entirely sure what I was thinking when I posted that he was 28.

i have known of 9 year olds that had more compassion in their little pinkies than 40 year old ryan ever had in his whole body.



iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 408

19 Aug 2012, 8:05 pm

Romney is going for the "JFK factor". Ryan is already infinitely better than Grand Poobah Biden. Biden and Frank Lautenberg from New Jersey were prime examples of how how hard it is to unseat an incumbent in US politics despite large ineptitude, I have not met anyone from Delaware who actually liked Biden.

FUN FACT: Ryan used to drive an Oscar Meyer Weinermobile :lol: No, I'm serious, he really did.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,050
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

iBlockhead wrote:
Romney is going for the "JFK factor". Ryan is already infinitely better than Grand Poobah Biden. Biden and Frank Lautenberg from New Jersey were prime examples of how how hard it is to unseat an incumbent in US politics despite large ineptitude, I have not met anyone from Delaware who actually liked Biden.

FUN FACT: Ryan used to drive an Oscar Meyer Weinermobile :lol: No, I'm serious, he really did.


But at least Biden was born with a beating heart in his chest - - more than Ryan can claim.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 94,674
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Aug 2012, 11:45 pm

iBlockhead wrote:
FUN FACT: Ryan used to drive an Oscar Meyer Weinermobile :lol: No, I'm serious, he really did.

would this be illustrative of the peter principal in action?



abstract
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 160

22 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
romney arrogantly believes the election is already in the bag, so he doesn't even have to try to appeal to anybody but the hardcore tea party base who will come out in droves to vote for him. or at least that is what he thinks. but i'm afraid that he might've calculated correctly.

I really don't believe that the Tea Party members will come out in the same droves that first time voters did in 2008. They have likely been voting their entire life given their disposition to share their opinions. I also believe that the extremists (tea-partiers and the the occupy everywhere group) are over represented by the media. I do not believe that the media attention they get is proportionate to the number of people involved in the groups. What remains to be seen, is whether or not Obama will get the same first (or second for that matter) voters that he did back in 2008. I'm not sure that he will given his track record but I believe that a number or racially motivated voters will in fact vote for him. Primarily Hispanics for his immagration policy but also African-Americans given that 96% of them voted for Obama in 2008.