Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2012, 8:36 pm

in the past three days, I can tell you of at least three things that made my anxiety shoot thru the roof just because what I planned to do with my day was disrupted by something out of my control. It surprised me to see how upset I was about seemingly minor things.

I babysat, and I was told it was going to be a certain length of day with the kids (who I love and enjoy) and when the mom came early to pick them up I felt like the rest of my plans for the day were just erased from me without my control. Like, ack! Even though I really needed a nap, and probably didn't need the kids for another two hours, the disappointment in the sudden "surprise" shift in schedule threw me off.

And she usually pays me on Fridays for the days I already babysat and she came to my house with no money and said she would have to do an "IOU" which, I know what that means in general, but in this specific situation I dont know when or how much she will be paying me, so not knowing, when I had expected her to pay me as usual on Friday, totally sent me into like a panic, like churning in the center of my stomach to negative thoughts like "Does that mean she will never pay me?" and feeling depressed.

Then Saturday I was supposed to dog sit for a neighbor and I had been told it would be "all day" and feeding the dog twice and letting her out three times. So In the AM when I went over to get her and give her breakfast and she wasn't there (she gets dropped off by the boyfriend of the owner) I about spazzed out. I probably sounded likea spaz when I texted the owner like "Uh, let me know if (the dog's) plans changed because she wasn't dropped off yet". Sigh. But it made me very upset because I had been told one thing, and it wasn't panning out. I essentiallyhad to go take a nap and lay in the dark because I was so disturbed that I didn't know what time I was getting the dog.

Let's just do it like we said we would do it, people! :D