Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2012, 1:18 am

Or other disabilities here.

How often have you been called Idiot? Or moron, stupid in RL or Online?

This has happened to me more frequently and I'm not just sure if its an AS thing. I would say something that would be completely normal or think is normal ends up being the most idiotic thing in the universe and ends up with a facepalm. I don't know why I keep saying these things, but I would like to know how can I change and has anyone here ever been in this situation.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 1:40 am

When I was at school, I was called 'stupid' all the time even thought academically I did really well. Even now, people call me that but more in a 'fun' way (as in naive) and not in a horrible way, but it still bugs me a bit.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 1:55 am

Civ001 wrote:
Or other disabilities here.

How often have you been called Idiot? Or moron, stupid in RL or Online?

A lot.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 2:39 am

Not often, in fact quite rarely.

IndieSoul
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2012, 2:47 am

I couldn't say because it could very well be going on behind my back. Insults like these are pretty generic - people use them against others to upset them for no particular reason.

I've been called the R word by another girl. It was 6th grade PE. We were playing some ridiculous game that required quick thinking and fast reflexes (neither of which I possess), so, not knowing how to react, I just stood there. Apparently I was in this girl's way as she tried to catch the ball and run past me. She looked back at me and yelled something like "move, ret*d". I don't remember exactly what she said. Something to that effect.

Some things are hard to forget.

Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

-RUSH

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 3:03 am

I am not sure I don't pay attention. Online, that is where I get called stupid now and other names. I can't remember the last time I was called it in real life. I only remember some man at my job training called me stupid because I refused to pick gloves off the floor I threw there while I was getting a cart. Then he was in another storage room and he closes it while I was waiting for it, who was stupid now?

More common online, less often in real life. Also people call you stupid when you pwn them or when you make something backfire on them and sometimes they are the ones who are stupid, not you.

I think having less contact with people in real life makes it less often I will get called stupid and other names. Plus people are probably too polite to even call me such a thing. Either that or they don't want to get decked in the face or have drinks thrown at them or be spat at or even face an ugly confrontation but online, they can just click out of the thread after insulting you and what can you do when they call you a name behind the screen? Lot of people are more honest online. You never know how someone will react when you call them a name in real life. Some people have bad tempers and anger issues and if they happened to be having a bad day and you call them stupid, who knows what will happen. But online, what can they do?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 3:48 am

I have been called stupid numerous times usually because...
People find me slow and clumsy.
People misunderstand something I say.
I misunderstand what people say.
I don't grasp a concept that everyone else around me has already grasped.
I have carried out certain instructions in the wrong order.
People say that I lack common sense.
People say that I lack social skills.
People lose their patience when I ask them too many questions.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 4:17 am

Sorry, my "problem" is people consider me an insufferable, opinionated know-it-all. Probably true.

My first record, back in 1981, was called "Genius" and was I ever crucified by the local punk zine for it. The record gained a legendary reputation over the decades, became a collector's item, and is presently being reissued by a very credible label. So I get the last laugh I suppose.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km9Uvwt8t_4[/youtube]

That said, I hear myself being called an idiot and a moron all the time. By myself. That's been my motivational tool all my life. It's not pretty to overhear I've been told.

EQ: 6.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

Was misdiagnosed as the r-word as a child. and was frequently called that from then on since i have trouble talking.