Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2012, 12:10 am

I am a diagnosed Aspie but the weird thing is I talk all the time! I just don't shut up! I always speak my mind and I always have alot to say, Im always talking. I get myself into so much trouble by just saying what ever comes out. Its really hard to control. Even when I try to be quiet and not speak it never works. I just can't do it! Why couldnt I have been one of those quiet Aspies? Why did I have to be the worlds most talkative Aspie? :shrug:

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 12:25 am

For me personally, it's situational. I could ramble on and on about whatever my interest may be, but it's not often that I talk about such things. I've known several people on the spectrum who were very talkative, they just expressed themselves a little awkwardly. I feel as though I talk excessively in real life, although I know for a fact that others consider me silent.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

13 Aug 2012, 12:38 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I am a diagnosed Aspie but the weird thing is I talk all the time! I just don't shut up! I always speak my mind and I always have alot to say, Im always talking. I get myself into so much trouble by just saying what ever comes out. Its really hard to control. Even when I try to be quiet and not speak it never works. I just can't do it! Why couldnt I have been one of those quiet Aspies? Why did I have to be the worlds most talkative Aspie? :shrug:

I seldom talk, but when provoked I have trouble ceasing my exuberant
billowing stream of quasi-communicative audio fluctuations referred to more concisely in the common vernacular as "speech".

You boast of a slippery tongue.

Shall we put it to the test? :P to see who can talk the most about NOTHING?;
which of us can speak the most, yet say the least?
And we could each train for such a contest, toiling through vast piles
of pages of master-level philosophy thesises with dizzying levels of abstraction.
Or we might practice by reciting obsolite and expired tax codes in the mirror.

And when each of us has a tongue that can move with the ferocity of a hummingbirds wings,
even when no thoughts rush in to fill the vacuum,
then we can initiate the contest of "talk", this phillibuster faceoff
via a skype with a live streaming audience.
And we will keep score by syllables per second and
how many audience members each of us puts to sleep.
Maybe the winner will be awarded an internship in journalism.
On second thought, I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge.
In fact, the whole idea of a talking contest sucks.
I forfeit!

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 12:54 am

Kaelynn wrote:

I'm that way too but have learned to control it over time. I am difficult to shut up once I get going and can yammer on and on for days if no one stops me.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 12:57 am

Im silent unless its about something that interest me.

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2012, 6:39 am

I talk loads when I'm comfortable, my friends happily signed for me to do a sponsored silence :P.

mindmapper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Aug 2012, 7:08 am

I talk a lot whenever I'm around people I know well and feel comfortable with. I apparently also talk really fast according to uh, earwitnesses :lol: But it seems to me as if I speak at a normal speed.

I don't talk that much in group conversations, and when I do have something to say, the subject has usually long moved on (in which case I just stay silent as well), or I do speak while everyone listens, but no one responds and then they continue their conversation.

The only other case when I'm not talking a lot is when there's a great amount of other things to be processed by the brain, mostly visually.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2012, 2:41 am

The Swedish Radio is worlds most talkative aspie

UnBored
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2012, 2:44 am

I think that when i was really young i talked and talked... Then i reached a certain age and i just retreated within myself when i realised there was no one worth talking to...

i can still talk and talk, just i wouldn't bother for most people.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 3:15 am

When you get excited and go on and on for long periods of time on a subject you are interested in *esspecially if it has something related to one of your obsessions*

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 4:47 am

I am super talkative. I've been told to "SHUT-UP!" many, many times.

He he.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:05 am

I can talk more than anyone I know

At AutismNZ support groups the din from chattering aspies is unbearable. We are natural chatterbox's

I think the aspie ego being too central to momentary perception.... and/or out of balance to surroundings..... forces aspies to express themselves excessively

Ideally, learning to modulate my speech makes me more attractive to girlfriends, and more bearable to friends and family

STFU is so important for ALL ASPIES

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:08 am

I'm really talkative around other aspies.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:19 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I am a diagnosed Aspie but the weird thing is I talk all the time!

Well, i think this is a typical aspie trait (not weird at all).

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 10:50 am

I either talk like crazy or I don't even talk at all.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 12:04 pm

my ignorant aunt is deluded on the idea that she literally thinks that Asperger's means "person talks too much".

Even though she talks more in the last 10 years from just her gossiping than I ever did in my whole life. uhhhuh.

It is easy to go at length when one of my favorite topics comes up though.