Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SnickieX
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 116

27 Oct 2013, 5:10 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Women don't have to undergo birth anymore though, not in advanced countries... 8)


If she wants to have her own children, childbirth is still expected. People are very judgmental about women even having epidurals, never mind having elective Caesareans. The current fashion (backed up by social expectation) in my country is to give birth with as little medical intervention as possible. I would get a lot of sh** for having an elective Caesarean if I was going to have a baby.


The bad things I see about C-sections/epidurals are the side effects and after effects. But this is rather like abortions and what someone pointed out to me one day. I have as much right to tell you whether or not you can get a C-section/epidural (Or abortion in her original point) as you do to tell me whether or not I can get cigarettes. XD However there are social...norms(?) and C-sections/epidurals would be breaking those social norms. :|

And as for fatherhood being a privilege, I agree. And on that note I personally would go so far as to argue motherhood is a privilege, equally with fatherhood, and both can be taken away, completely if need be due to the state/court system.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,507
Location: the island of defective toy santas

27 Oct 2013, 5:45 pm

there really needs to be a parenthood curriculum in public/private schools, mandatory attendance for all students. it is just as important as sex ed.



SnickieX
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 116

28 Oct 2013, 2:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
there really needs to be a parenthood curriculum in public/private schools, mandatory attendance for all students. it is just as important as sex ed.


I would disagree in public/private schools, because simply at that point most people don't care, I know I didn't, however something like that should be mandatory for all new parents, period. Maybe that'd stop what I keep hearing about here as of late. (My kid got taken.) I think I need to stay away from women with children without a college degree.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,507
Location: the island of defective toy santas

28 Oct 2013, 1:11 pm

SnickieX wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
there really needs to be a parenthood curriculum in public/private schools, mandatory attendance for all students. it is just as important as sex ed.


I would disagree in public/private schools, because simply at that point most people don't care, I know I didn't, however something like that should be mandatory for all new parents, period. Maybe that'd stop what I keep hearing about here as of late. (My kid got taken.) I think I need to stay away from women with children without a college degree.

what is wrong with women sans degree?



Vatnos
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 119
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

28 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Correction: trans*women*. Not men. Anyway, why is it not odd for a female to be willing to undergo pregnancy, but it is for a male?


Because women kind of have to go through pregnancy in order to create life. Men just have to jizz in a vagina in order to create life. I have utmost respect for fathers, but they did get the easier deal in that regard and if I was a man, I'd be thankful for it.


There is, I suppose, a tradeoff here in that women who want to reproduce can guarantee that they will be able to. Men have to earn the privilege to reproduce. The future of your genetic lineage as a man is precarious and dependent upon everything working out, which things often don't. As a woman, your genetic lineage is guaranteed if you want it so. Even if all your relationships with men failed, or if you're gay, you could get a sperm donor.

As for the original question in the OP: I'm bi, and this is very much a non-issue for me. If anything it might even be a plus. I'd find it exciting to learn that someone I'm dating is trans and formerly was something else. That would be quite interesting.



SnickieX
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 116

29 Oct 2013, 8:05 am

auntblabby wrote:
what is wrong with women sans degree?


Nothing in theory, I've just noticed women sans degree tend not to have the money to raise a child in this area. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have the money to raise a child with or without someone else, simply because I don't have a degree yet.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,507
Location: the island of defective toy santas

29 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

SnickieX wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
what is wrong with women sans degree?


Nothing in theory, I've just noticed women sans degree tend not to have the money to raise a child in this area. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have the money to raise a child with or without someone else, simply because I don't have a degree yet.

increasingly, raising a child requires a middle-class or above economic status, as working class has insufficient income in this day and age.