Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SnickieX
Raven
Raven

28 Oct 2013, 2:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
there really needs to be a parenthood curriculum in public/private schools, mandatory attendance for all students. it is just as important as sex ed.

I would disagree in public/private schools, because simply at that point most people don't care, I know I didn't, however something like that should be mandatory for all new parents, period. Maybe that'd stop what I keep hearing about here as of late. (My kid got taken.) I think I need to stay away from women with children without a college degree.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:11 pm

SnickieX wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
there really needs to be a parenthood curriculum in public/private schools, mandatory attendance for all students. it is just as important as sex ed.

I would disagree in public/private schools, because simply at that point most people don't care, I know I didn't, however something like that should be mandatory for all new parents, period. Maybe that'd stop what I keep hearing about here as of late. (My kid got taken.) I think I need to stay away from women with children without a college degree.

what is wrong with women sans degree?

Vatnos
Raven
Raven

28 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Correction: trans*women*. Not men. Anyway, why is it not odd for a female to be willing to undergo pregnancy, but it is for a male?

Because women kind of have to go through pregnancy in order to create life. Men just have to jizz in a vagina in order to create life. I have utmost respect for fathers, but they did get the easier deal in that regard and if I was a man, I'd be thankful for it.

There is, I suppose, a tradeoff here in that women who want to reproduce can guarantee that they will be able to. Men have to earn the privilege to reproduce. The future of your genetic lineage as a man is precarious and dependent upon everything working out, which things often don't. As a woman, your genetic lineage is guaranteed if you want it so. Even if all your relationships with men failed, or if you're gay, you could get a sperm donor.

As for the original question in the OP: I'm bi, and this is very much a non-issue for me. If anything it might even be a plus. I'd find it exciting to learn that someone I'm dating is trans and formerly was something else. That would be quite interesting.

SnickieX
Raven
Raven

29 Oct 2013, 8:05 am

auntblabby wrote:

Nothing in theory, I've just noticed women sans degree tend not to have the money to raise a child in this area. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have the money to raise a child with or without someone else, simply because I don't have a degree yet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

SnickieX wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Nothing in theory, I've just noticed women sans degree tend not to have the money to raise a child in this area. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have the money to raise a child with or without someone else, simply because I don't have a degree yet.

increasingly, raising a child requires a middle-class or above economic status, as working class has insufficient income in this day and age.