Do you get sad when people and animals die?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Aug 2012, 6:06 pm

I get a little bit sad, especially if the life in question was cut too short. I'm okay with death, though. It's always going to happen sooner or later.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 7:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IOW i feel sad for the living and not the dead.

I mourned the last 5 years of my father's life--confined to home with a weak heart that left him a shadow of his former self.

I mourned the last year of my mother's life--in constant pain from lung cancer and the radiation treatments that destroyed her esophagus.

I mourned the last years of my oldest sister's life as schizophrenia robbed her of her mind before she killed herself.

For all of them, death was a mercy.

I did mourn the passing of my youngest sister, murdered at the age of 28. I still mourn for her two boys robbed of their mother.

Quote:
Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh.
- Marcus Aurelius

hansky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2012, 9:39 pm

I've never had a person who was close to me die, so I don't really know. I have had three pets die, and I was heartbroken each time. I wept when each one died, and it still hurts when I think about their deaths even though the last one was almost ten years ago.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 10:08 pm

I do get sad when people I know die, though there may be some delay before it comes out, and the sadness can return in little episodes indefinately. When strangers die, it does not effect me much, but if I learn anything about them afterwards I will probably experience some saddness about it.

The death of a pet is nearly as sad as the death of a person I know. And oddly, the death of any animal, even completely strange to me, nearly always makes me sad.

Why an unknown animal affects me more then an unknown person, I really do not know.