Do you get sad when people and animals die?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jitro
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 9:29 pm

Do you get sad when people and animals die? I tend not to, even with close friends, family members, celebrities and pets.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 9:54 pm

Jitro wrote:
Do you get sad when people and animals die? I tend not to, even with close friends, family members, celebrities and pets.

I'm the opposite. I get very sad when all those types of people and pets die. If I don't get support from the people that I'm supposed to trust, it takes me even longer to get over the death of that type of a nature. Consider yourself very lucky. You're a tough cookie.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm

No oh well.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm

I've experienced the death of a close family member before, and haven't really cared. On the other hand, I will be incredibly sad when my dog dies. I've always felt closer to animals though, as I find them easier to relate to/care for than animals.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 1:37 am

my belief in the hereafter [and heretofore] negates any sadness i might feel for the one who has passed over. but i feel for their survivors who may not have the advantage of a similar faith. kathi goertzen [a local KOMO tv newscaster] passed after a nasty 14 year-long battle with brain cancer, so i felt sad that she had to suffer for so long, along with her family who suffered with her through 5 surgeries and increasing debilitation. IOW i feel sad for the living and not the dead.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 1:53 am

Yes sadly some time the loss of the animal is worse than the human depending on whether he or she was a good person.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 2:00 am

I don't get sad at first, i suck it up and get depressed, which doesn't work very well :/ Especially when my grandpa died.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 2:14 am

what i would like on my tombstone, should i have one-

Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there;
I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

[composed by mary elizabeth frye, 1932]

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 4:19 am

I get sad and cry when people and animals die. I cried at my Grammy's funeral 9 years ago and I was pretty upset when one of my cousins had a brush with death earlier this year. When I was a child and two of my cats died within a week of each other (one from pneumonia and the other from antifreeze poisoning), I mourned for months.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

I do but in most cases I get more sad when animals die unless the person was really close to me.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

I typically go through five stages:

1. Sadness. I cannot help but cry for several days.

2. Depression. This is usually the longest of the five stages. I lose interest in my friends and stop thinking about my special interests.

3. Extreme race hatred and a longing for revenge. I spend the majority of this time glaring at passersby from my window, imagining what it would be like to kill them and pacing around my room holding a kitchen knife. NOT THAT I HAVE ANY INTENTION OF ACTUALLY USING IT! It's just comforting.

5. Irritability. Once I have calmed down, I become very irritable and completely incapable of humour.

5. Acceptance. My favourite stage! Due to my obsessive nature, it takes a lot longer for me to get here than it would for an NT.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 11:44 am

I have had family die (though not a parent, sibling or spouse). I do get sad when people or animals die but I sometimes feel *very* numb as well. I care about the loss of the person but I don't necessarily feel a lot for quite a long time. Is this what you experience too OP or do you actually just not care at all when this happens?

Recently one of my cats died and boy did I feel it. I cried and cried and cried. That cat was my oldest friend - 15 years. I miss her :/

keira
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 12:02 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
I do but in most cases I get more sad when animals die unless the person was really close to me.

I'm the same.

Samual
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2012, 1:35 pm

Death is a voyage into the unknown. All i can say is it must be amazing because noone ever comes back.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 5:23 pm

I mourn when someone die, but I rarely cry.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:04 pm

I mourn for those who never had a chance to live and for those who will have a whole left in them for the rest of their life. Death itself is not a tragedy, it's a part of life and it must come to everyone.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html