Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2012, 6:48 am

I have some people I think may be my friends, but I'm not sure. The thing is, they WILL talk to me if I initiate conversations, but they never reciprocate by initiating conversations with me. It's like they find me so completely uninteresting... I have a theory that it's because I lack drama and don't know how to create the sort of drama people are looking for... I don't have any seriously big issues with my husband. I did notice that a lot of people enjoyed talking to me when I was having a few problems with school (admin issues). I'm just not good at commiserating since I never can tell what people want me to add to the conversation. I could listen to all of their problems, but I've realized that they are looking for me to share my similar experiences in order to give affirmation of what they are dealing with.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 7:19 am

Also, I like to think the two people I know online count just as much as anyone in person.

As far as I'm aware, internet banking works the same as banking in person.

Davinel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2012, 3:58 pm

I had some in the past. But then I forgot about them for a few years.. well, not really forgot, just does not communicated with them. Then I "remembered" but after a few month i "forgot" again, so, nope, I don't have any.

But I think I have few online friends..

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 4:45 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
What REALLY tees me off is that everyone assumes it's always YOUR fault you have no close friends

Today someone said to me: "You should go out and meet people, you have a kind heart!" and I answered "That's precisely why I DON'T want people!"

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

Me. I'm about to be a senior in undergrad and have basically made no friends.