Listening to music with no need for my iPod

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 2:28 am

Domisoldo wrote:
OJani wrote:

What I can remember the most accurately is how certain audio-reproduction equipments sound, I'm kind of tweaking and modifying my own hi-fi.

Reminds me that I was very unhappy when I got rid of my very very old (older that me in fact) Yamaha amplifier because I couldn't fix it. Nothing sounded right anymore. Fortunately, looking on the net to buy a used one, I found the same one (working!). :D

I can relate. Sometimes I'd switch to a newer, better equipment just to find out later I miss something from the sound... I can't really move further with my hi-fi as I tend to become very accustomed with what I'm using currently. Sometimes I'd just move back to the old rigs for this reason, so I guess I know what you mean... ;)

stumbling_forward wrote:
Thanks for this interesting post, Ojani. It would seem that many can relate.

You are welcome. :)

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 5:20 am

I have dreamed songs with their music videos from beginning to end with total accuracy. I know lyrics to well over a hundred songs. I can also "play" songs in my head. I don't make an effort to remember these, they just insert themselves into my head.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

chris5000 wrote:
Xena_Sophia wrote:
When I tell people about this they don't belive me! :roll: It's nice for when I'm bored, but it can be the most frustrating thing when a song gets "stuck in my head" that I hate, and it plays in an endless loop...

I really hate when the endless loop is not even the complete song

Sometimes it becomes more complete as you go though. Lick pulling on the exposed part of submerged object. If you're lucky the object is the middle or beginning part of a piece of string, if you're less lucky it's a giant rock that's fixed to the bottom and isn't going anywhere.

I sometimes I like video game music because it's designed to loop in catchy ways...
A short example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0m48CIT0I
[I'm not using the youtube video function so it won't crowd the thread with songs]

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 8:40 pm

I, too, have the abililty to play music in my head in the absence of my MP3 player....I've found that I do it most when I'm in a noisy, crowded area - I even sing the song in my head quietly to myself on those occasions. Maybe its my way of coping with sensory stuff like all the noise I encounter in some public places.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

MrPickles
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2012, 8:51 pm

Never could do music or books - but back when I was programming for pre-windows computers - I could literately run computer code in my head - I could write massive amounts of code quickly because even while away from the computer I could debug code and have the needed changes memorized when I returned to work on it. Often when writing I could see the code in my mind not so much as an image of typed charters but as a continuous run of instructions to be followed as I typed it in. I lost interest in programming as it got less machine based - today so much of the work is done without needing any real understanding of underling machine. Back in those early days - I wrote some of the code generators (programs that wrote programs - from simple inputs) that may well have started us down the path of simplified object based programming.

Still do a little HTML and Java and occasionally digging through someone else scripts as part of my job.

Found on http://jacobbarnett.org/ -- If you are suffering from Autism - you're doing it wrong!

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 9:05 pm

My musical memory is good, but I'm better at re-viewing visual details. I can re-watch whole TV episodes and movies. It depends on how interested I was in the first place. Obviously, if I'm doing 3 other things my memory will be patchy, but if it was interesting enough to hold all of my attention I'll remember all of it.
(I can also recall pretty decent still images of daily life but in order to recall people's faces I have to remember them in motion, which is oddly harder for me)