Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ants
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2019, 11:25 am

chris5000 wrote:
anyone do it?

I noticed that I do when im driving, when driving I become hyper-focused so I dont do any of my normal stims I just start grinding my teeth.

I only do this when I am stressed and it tends to be in my sleep. If it get painful I will put a gum shield in, just a cheap standard boxer/ rugby one.

hannahjrob
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2019, 10:13 pm

Yes, I stim by grinding my teeth constantly. It does concern me, because I know it isn't good for my teeth, but obviously it's hard to just stop. Every time I go to the dentist now, they always comment on how I have a lot of wear on my teeth for someone my age, and push me to get that headgear that's supposed to help if you have a habit of grinding your teeth at night while sleeping. I don't even know that I do it when I'm asleep, so it wouldn't help me much, if at all. :|

hannahjrob
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2019, 10:17 pm

windtreeman wrote:
I don't grind my teeth, I actually click them in weird rhythmic patterns...it's incredibly annoying, even to myself, but it always takes me a while to notice I'm even doing it and since you mentioned it, I almost always click my teeth while driving.

I grind my teeth, but I also do this "clicking" quite a bit, too.