Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2019, 10:13 pm

Yes, I stim by grinding my teeth constantly. It does concern me, because I know it isn't good for my teeth, but obviously it's hard to just stop. Every time I go to the dentist now, they always comment on how I have a lot of wear on my teeth for someone my age, and push me to get that headgear that's supposed to help if you have a habit of grinding your teeth at night while sleeping. I don't even know that I do it when I'm asleep, so it wouldn't help me much, if at all. :|

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2019, 10:17 pm

windtreeman wrote:
I don't grind my teeth, I actually click them in weird rhythmic patterns...it's incredibly annoying, even to myself, but it always takes me a while to notice I'm even doing it and since you mentioned it, I almost always click my teeth while driving.

I grind my teeth, but I also do this "clicking" quite a bit, too.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 11:09 am

I think I might clench my jaw in my sleep sometimes because the other day I woke up and my jaw was hurting.

Also I sometimes have facial spasms when I'm falling asleep and end up accidentally biting the inside of my cheeks or my tongue.

It's not stimming at all, obviously. I worry sometimes I'm going to bite off my own tongue in my sleep. :(

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2022, 2:05 pm

I click my teeth all the time and, like someone else mentioned, it's a while before I notice I've been doing it for half the morning or "all day." I believe it started up after I moved into a temporary apt. last year. It's very common and starts up before I even know it. I don't grind, though, but I'm hoping to hear from other teeth clickers: repetitive joining of the upper teeth to the lower while mouth is closed, up and down, up and down, up and down, while on computer, watching TV, shopping, driving, etc. I have no idea why it starts up.