I can't stop laughing about this...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ck2d
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

My son has just started in-home therapy. I'm not there during their sessions - I can be too much of a distraction. Yesterday my son had his first melt down. His worker called me up telling me "He's trashing the place!"

In the kitchen I keep a drawer filled with empty plastic bags that I get from the grocery store. I always keep it open just a bit so my son can see the bags. It's a target for him - he'll pull them out and throw them around if he gets really mad. Better than throwing dishes.

But his worker had never seen this technique. I guess most kids are taught to punch a pillow or something, so he was pretty freaked out.

When I heard the call, I was freaked out, too. But afterwards, knowing my son is just fine and he'd calmed down within 10 minutes, I just can't get it out of my head - "He's trashing the place!" Hilarious! If you can't cry, you've just got to laugh...

ConfusedNewb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

Thats a great idea! Glad the worker calmed down in the end lol ;)

questor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 5:26 pm

Great idea! :D And the pillow punching tip is good too, unless the pillow finally starts punching back. :lol: This sounds like a good stress reliever for us adults on the spectrum, too. I will have to remember the pillow tip for my own use. :D

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 5:53 am

I think that is very clever!