Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 1:50 am

whirlingmind wrote:

What??? I must be being really thick. But apparently I'm not the only one, a couple of other people have also posted asking how on earth you can get more than 100%, how you can get 187% if you had no false positives and if you got no false positives how did you recognise 45 photos if there were only twenty something? How can you see more photos than there were, and I only clicked the button for each photo there was. (whistles tune from X Files :shrug: )

Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

In the test there are altogether 48 pictures in two sets of 24. So perfect recognition would be 48/24 = 200 %. (100% [24 pictures] + 100% [24 pictures] = 200 %).

0 false positives means that you didn’t pick any pictures that weren’t actually shown.

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 3:58 am

bnky wrote:
This is a useless test. It doesn't test what it professes to test -Viz face recognition.
It only tests whether you recognise particular, distinctive photos.
Now, if they showed passport photos of all males or all females from a similar ethnic origin and same age... And then showed DIFFERENT photos of the same people (passport or situational) THAT would be a worthwhile test... And I certainly wouldn't score anywhere near 100%

Not only is the test not testing for face blindness, the scoring too is deeply flawed.
If (and I tried :oops:) you respond that you recognise ALL the photos and that you saw them all in section 1, you score 100% for recognition (well, THAT can't be right!!) and 50% for the other one.