Page 22 of 23 [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

studentM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2018, 7:10 pm

I'm conservative.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 7:20 pm

studentM wrote:
I'm conservative.

Of course you can be a conservative without being insulting or crazy.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 7:21 pm

fuelred wrote:
I know that not every autistic is the same, but I'm curious if autistics are more left or more right. Personally, I lean closer towards the left. I was wondering if their were any statistics on this.

We are both. If you have met one Aspie, that only means you have met one Aspie.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 8:53 pm

we aspies especially, need to remember, that when we encounter a Stochastic Terrorist* - that we must 1] not turn our backs on them, we must be vigilant in the face of their clear and present danger, 2]realize there is no debating such, they will merely raise their volume [and add violence] to drown you out, 3] disseminate what evil comes out of their mouths so that all may know who the danger is, spread the warning about the speaker and the evil he represents, and 4] avoid direct confrontation with them, and let them stew in their own foul rhetoric, and let their increasingly vile words demonstrate their ulterior motives to all.

*STOCHASTIC TERRORISM BASICS
The term stochastic occurs in a wide variety of professional or academic fields to describe events or systems that are unpredictable due to the influence of a random variable. The word "stochastic" comes from the Greek word στόχος (stokhos, "aim").
As a descriptor of a type of terrorism, it is the public demonization of a person or group resulting in the incitement of a violent act, which is statistically probable but whose specifics cannot be predicted: "The lone-wolf attack was apparently influenced by the rhetoric of stochastic terrorism." A public figure of major import, with ready access to the public media/religious pulpit, demonizes a person or group of people, with the goal of advancing his or her own ulterior ends. With repetition, the targeted group is gradually dehumanized, depicted as loathsome and dangerous, arousing a combustible combination of fear and moral disgust. Violent images and metaphors, jokes about violence, analogies to past purges of reviled groups, use of righteous religious language - all of these typically stop just short of an explicit call to arms. When violence eventually, resultantly erupts, the public figures who have incited the violence condemn it, claiming that nobody could have foreseen the "tragedy." Stochastic terrorism as a concept, is at least as old as the third reich and the other racial purges of the early 20th century.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 5:16 am

Most people are about "self-interest" and not a political camp.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2018, 10:35 am

I'm an independent becoming a libertarian.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 12:41 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Most people are about "self-interest" and not a political camp.

But they use said camps to indulge and moralize their self interest. Most people don’t want to look like bad people, so they either try to hid their self interest or superficialness, or they hide it behind a cause that they say is moral and just.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 12:33 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
^ Stop provoking and trolling.

Despite what you may think, you don't have a right to post on this forum.

If you continue to behave like a child, I'll boot you. And I'll happily boot all of your other sock-puppet accounts that can't follow the rules.

I don't see why you don't do that anyway, if you have clear cut evidence that they are socks (such as same ip address).

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 1:59 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
^ Stop provoking and trolling.

Despite what you may think, you don't have a right to post on this forum.

If you continue to behave like a child, I'll boot you. And I'll happily boot all of your other sock-puppet accounts that can't follow the rules.

I don't see why you don't do that anyway, if you have clear cut evidence that they are socks (such as same ip address).

I agree with you. Why don't she clip Falcon's wings?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 10:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Very liberal and I grow sick of the liberal, snowflake bla bla bla bla garbage. I swear some right wingers b***h a ton more than the liberals they b***h about. Also: Image

The boot represents Trump and his GOP...

Scroll up and read my advice to Sly...

Raptor I know you are a conservative but what is your political ideology?.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 10:37 pm

Guppy wrote:
Oh, Americans and your "conservatives versus liberals". :roll:

Anarchist.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 1:03 am

This thread yikes.

To answer the OP, autistics come in all political stripes. It turns out having a certain diagnostic criteria does not predict your political leanings. Who knew?

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2019, 1:26 pm

Antrax wrote:
This thread yikes.

To answer the OP, autistics come in all political stripes. It turns out having a certain diagnostic criteria does not predict your political leanings. Who knew?

Yes, this. :)

Genetic studies on identical twins have already proved how environmental politics are. I've read of ID twins who shared many of the same habits and quirky idiosyncrasies, yet came to opposite political conclusions because of how they were reared.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2019, 9:36 pm

i am as left-wing, as my dad was right-wing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2019, 10:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i am as left-wing, as my dad was right-wing.

My dad was left wing. I'm even more so. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2019, 10:47 pm

My father was a moderate conservative. I’m more centrist.