Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth certificate?

Page 6 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:49 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well thing is, those running the show don't really seem to give a damn. So my perspective is I have heard of the possibilty of the birth certificate being fake and its believable(since our government blatantly ignores the constitution and its own laws on a regular basis) but since it doesn't appear to make any difference in Obama being president I guess I see no reason to dwell on it.

I mean people can scream about how fake it is all they want and I doubt its really going to effect any government policy.

So, is there any basis at all for you to assume the certificate is fake beyond "He is black" and "government is evil"?

Also, these people "running the show", don't you think their lives would be easier if they chose an American citizen as their puppet president so they wouldn't risk losing the control of everything out of a technicality?

Oh I didn't realize I was assuming the certificate is fake.....I was more saying it probably wouldn't make much difference either way. I mean I doubt he's going to be impeached over such allegations and even if he were its not as though we're going to get someone much better.

And yeah it would make more sense for them to choose an American Citizen....but then again the idea that the birth certificate is fake helps to keep people divided and distracted.

I am kind of confused about when I ever implied that I assume its fake(I said its not unbelievable that it could be, not that I think it is) or that I assumed this because 'he's black' and 'the government is evil(I don't like the government but evil is a subjective term to me). So why you assumed that I am not sure.

Dont blame anyone for being baffled by what you said because what you said didnt make any sense to me either.

The opposite of what you said makes sense.
That ONLY the powerful pretend to care about his birth certificate (like the Donald Trumps of the world). while the rest of us are worried about jobs and healthcare, and the like.

To the rest of us- the fact that obama was born 36 hours before his parents deplaned in the USA ( or the fact that Romney once hazed a gay kid when they were both school boys of 14) doesnt mean squat!

Its up to the ideologues (who look for any straw the can use against whichever candidate theyre gunning for) to persuade US to give a damn. Not the other way around!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, he hadn't had a gun to his head when he had taken positions antithetical to what he promised on the campaign trail.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fixed that for ya.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But Obama's still better than the Republican alternative.

You know that there are more than two people running, right?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:51 pm

shrox wrote:
Many Mormons moved to Mexico in order to continue practicing polygamy, though Romney’s grandfather was married to only one woman. Romney’s father George, who served as governor of Michigan, was born in Mexico in 1907.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ntana-gov/

Did that make him a non-citizen of the United States. There are American citizens who are born outside of the United States. For example a child born on a ship on the high seas with American parents would still be a United States citizen even though not born in the U.S.

Then there is the case of Barry Goldwater. Born in Arizona before it it became a State. Was he an American citizen or not, even though born outside of any U.S. State.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 6:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But Obama's still better than the Republican alternative.

You know that there are more than two people running, right?

Those other than Obama and Romney don't have a snow ball's chance in hell.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

You guys don't remember the thing about McCain birthers? I think if he'd been elected instead, we'd be dealing with silly McCain birthers instead of silly Obama birthers. It kind of bothers me that people so easily presume that anything negative related to Obama is automatically racist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 12:03 am

Ancalagon wrote:
You guys don't remember the thing about McCain birthers? I think if he'd been elected instead, we'd be dealing with silly McCain birthers instead of silly Obama birthers. It kind of bothers me that people so easily presume that anything negative related to Obama is automatically racist.

I don't recall the McCain birther conspiracy theory as having the life or legs of the Obama birther BS. The racial overtones are undeniable.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 1:29 am

Ancalagon wrote:

I don't recall anything about a McCain birther question, so I don't think it (if there was one - I'm not questioning you, but I don't remember it) - I don't think it compares. Although I do still question whether Sarah Palin was born on this planet. :roll:

Someone can have a legitimate Obama birth certificate staring them in the face and still get it wrong, as the OP did here, twisting and tweaking the facts to make it seem suspect. The fact that the accusations that Obama wasn't born in the US STILL abound begs many questions - including that of racism. There WAS an illegitimate president, one not elected but selected by a court. People accepted him and elected him to serve a second term, and yet those same people cannot accept that this American born president is American born. Even if they were right, which is the worse situation? At least Obama was ELECTED. But he was also born in the US. The denial that he was is unfounded.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 3:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Only as long as you and those like you keep thinking that way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 4:23 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Me, and almost everyone else in the country.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 10:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Me, and almost everyone else in the country.

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Kang and Kodos win the election by impersonating both Dole and Clinton. They are discovered, and the earthlings are about to vote for a third party candidate, but then one of the aliens said "Go ahead, throw your vote away".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJ0qYR6YFo[/youtube]

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 10:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't recall the McCain birther conspiracy theory as having the life or legs of the Obama birther BS.

Well, to be fair, Obama actually got elected. Kind of takes the wind out of the sails of a conspiracy theory if it no longer matters if it's true.

Quote:
The racial overtones are undeniable.

I'm not going to change my mind and believe you just because you said what you think again.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 10:28 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well thing is, those running the show don't really seem to give a damn. So my perspective is I have heard of the possibilty of the birth certificate being fake and its believable(since our government blatantly ignores the constitution and its own laws on a regular basis) but since it doesn't appear to make any difference in Obama being president I guess I see no reason to dwell on it.

I mean people can scream about how fake it is all they want and I doubt its really going to effect any government policy.

So, is there any basis at all for you to assume the certificate is fake beyond "He is black" and "government is evil"?

Also, these people "running the show", don't you think their lives would be easier if they chose an American citizen as their puppet president so they wouldn't risk losing the control of everything out of a technicality?

Oh I didn't realize I was assuming the certificate is fake.....I was more saying it probably wouldn't make much difference either way. I mean I doubt he's going to be impeached over such allegations and even if he were its not as though we're going to get someone much better.

And yeah it would make more sense for them to choose an American Citizen....but then again the idea that the birth certificate is fake helps to keep people divided and distracted.

I am kind of confused about when I ever implied that I assume its fake(I said its not unbelievable that it could be, not that I think it is) or that I assumed this because 'he's black' and 'the government is evil(I don't like the government but evil is a subjective term to me). So why you assumed that I am not sure.

Dont blame anyone for being baffled by what you said because what you said didnt make any sense to me either.

Considering I am not really on the 'fake birth certificate' bandwagon, and have no issue with Obama being black...am I supposed to just accept assumptions that I think those things?

The opposite of what you said makes sense.
That ONLY the powerful pretend to care about his birth certificate (like the Donald Trumps of the world). while the rest of us are worried about jobs and healthcare, and the like.

To the rest of us- the fact that obama was born 36 hours before his parents deplaned in the USA ( or the fact that Romney once hazed a gay kid when they were both school boys of 14) doesnt mean squat!

Its up to the ideologues (who look for any straw the can use against whichever candidate theyre gunning for) to persuade US to give a damn. Not the other way around!

Also I am not really sure how this is the opposite of what I said, or how it makes more sense....not to mention what I said was just one idea I had on the matter I wasn't arguing its the absolute truth of the matter. But nevermind I really don't care to make an idiot of myself trying to explain what I meant.

donryanocero
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

Dox47 wrote:
Yeah, birth certificate or not, he's been a notably sh***y president; this just distracts from it.

How so? Seems like most things people cite as grievances against obama, they should really have with congress.

I'm disappointed that Obama hasn't closed gitmo or left Afghanistan. Wall street prosecutions should have happened. Besides this, definitely far better than dubbya?

I think real and serious campaign finance reform would fix this, but now with citizens united, we're really screwed. If lots of money is required to stay in office, lobbyists with money become the new constituency of government rather than people.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

donryanocero wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Yeah, birth certificate or not, he's been a notably sh***y president; this just distracts from it.

How so? Seems like most things people cite as grievances against obama, they should really have with congress.

I'm disappointed that Obama hasn't closed gitmo or left Afghanistan. Wall street prosecutions should have happened. Besides this, definitely far better than dubbya?

I think real and serious campaign finance reform would fix this, but now with citizens united, we're really screwed. If lots of money is required to stay in office, lobbyists with money become the new constituency of government rather than people.

Agreed, 100%.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't recall the McCain birther conspiracy theory as having the life or legs of the Obama birther BS.

Well, to be fair, Obama actually got elected. Kind of takes the wind out of the sails of a conspiracy theory if it no longer matters if it's true.

Quote:
The racial overtones are undeniable.

I'm not going to change my mind and believe you just because you said what you think again.

But why would you believe such a thing about the President, if you don't have a racial axe to grind? Especially since the birth certificate has been proven to be legit.