Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth certificate?

Page 8 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2012, 6:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Me, and almost everyone else in the country.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

So, that's worked out so well for us that there's no reason at all to try and change it? "Everyone's doing it" is a sufficient rationalization for you to continue a destructive behavior?

Until a third party can legitimately prove to be a contender for the White House, the two party system is the only game in town. And the simple fact is, if the third party were either liberal or conservative, it would only serve to split the vote with the like minded party, allowing the opposing party to skate into victory.

You could do with a genuinely left wing party (like, say, the Lid Dems from the UK), rather than a centre-right party like the Democrats who just seem liberal compared to the Republicans.

Am I right in saying the Libertarians are the third biggest party? They always struck me as too close to the Republicans, particularly when they try and claim Ron Paul as their own after he fails to get the GOP nomination.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 7:09 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But why would you believe such a thing about the President, if you don't have a racial axe to grind?

Because you have a non-racial axe to grind?

What axe? I'm only stating the obvious - that Obama's birth certificate is legit, and all criticism about its authenticity is facetious. A common sense stand like that doesn't require one to grind any axes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 8:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Just sayin that you were asking whether or not the powers at be "care about the issue" when the logical question would be "do I, Sweetleaf, care about this issue?"

And why is that the only logical question? since when are you the authority on what a logical question is. Though it wasn't really a question it was more or less an assumption that to them it may not matter wether or not the birth certificate is real. I personally don't think there is sufficient evidence to prove it is fake so no to me its not a big deal.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What axe?

Any axe.

Quote:
I'm only stating the obvious - that Obama's birth certificate is legit, and all criticism about its authenticity is facetious. A common sense stand like that doesn't require one to grind any axes.

Just because someone isn't using common sense doesn't mean they're a racist. People who think the moon landings were faked aren't using common sense, but they aren't automatically racist because of it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 12:59 am

No, but in this case, I can't figure out what else would be their motivation beside racism - - other than just being plain feeble minded.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 11:30 am

Isn't this patient dead yet?

:roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 1:00 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Isn't this patient dead yet?

:roll:

Tee baggers and birthers keep resuscitating it.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

While I have no wish to participate in euthanasia, I am perfectly prepared to sign off on a DNR in this case.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH7KYmGnj40[/youtube]
Well, it's about time... :wink: