Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

I dislike eye contact, but make it for brief 1-2 sec periods because I know it's 'the right thing to do socially.' (Has anyone else noticed that humans are the only ones that see it as friendly? Animals see it as aggression.) I do have some SPD - like issues. Loud noises, background noises, bright lights, numerous people asking me something at once, noisy places - all drive me up the wall. My siblings drive me crazy because they like to run and play.
I actually never noticed this before, but I LOVE watching spinning objects. I stare at fans and try to single out a single blade from the whir.
And today I was with my mom and I was excited or thought something was funny so I just started doing this weird thing where I swing my arm and when it makes contact with my hand, let my hand bounce and push my arm down. Its complicated. Plus I snap my fingers in a one-two, three pattern, with one and two being separate fingers but three being one and two together. Also I was bored when we were at a farmer's market so I started twisting. Not very noticeably, just twisting left and right. Also when I'm nervous I shake my knee back and forth.
My mother says that I'm blunt and a TMI. I'm 13, and she still has to tell me the hidden meaning behind some of my phrases and how they can be taken wrong.
I also failed the 'Eyes Quiz'. And I have an average of 38 on the AQ.
I lost four friends this year because of behaviors that I didn't understand they didn't like (violating their personal space and poking, from what I could gather.)
I have intense interests; right now its peanut allergies and chinchilla genetics.
I would rather hang one-on-one with a friend then with 20+. Not really my choice though I only have like 5 friends and one friendship feels like it's fading fast.
Also I don't like speaking in front of people. I stutter or stammer (basically a lot of 'uhs' and repeat words involved) when speaking in front of more than ten to twelve people and that's a stretch as it is.
I have executive functioning issues. I have problems starting AND finishing anything. Usually I can finish my homework before it's supposed to be turned in, but it usually isn't done very much ahead of time.
This may count as TMI, but I have major tendencies to pee when I laugh. And whenever I go to the bathroom I am always surprised how much pee comes out.
SO, that's all I can think of for now. If you have any q's or similar experiences either reply (duh) or PM me.

Charmless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2012, 1:12 am

It's not like I'm an expert, but I'd say you're probably aspie. Soooooo, welcome to the club...we have obsessionsssssss

and cookies, I guess.

"Goddamn it, you've got to be kind."-Kurt Vonnegut

I like Vonnegut quotes, OKAY?