If God really exists, why are there wheelchairs?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

Of course, one thing that hasn't been considered here is that God (not only humans) would also have free will. God does whatever God wants, in spite of what people would want God to do. That is what separates the concept of God from say...magic, which is under human control. Or mage control.

22 Aug 2012, 7:50 pm

N0tYetDeadFred wrote:
Of course, one thing that hasn't been considered here is that God (not only humans) would also have free will. God does whatever God wants, in spite of what people would want God to do. That is what separates the concept of God from say...magic, which is under human control. Or mage control.

Assuming that God does exist and has free will, it's pretty obvious that magic is not under human control. You see, God obviously did not give humans the power to violate physical law.

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2012, 8:06 pm

Of course...I said magic as a concept, or the idea of magic.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 2:22 am

N0tYetDeadFred wrote:
Of course...I said magic as a concept, or the idea of magic.

have you not undermined your own point here, talking about concepts, then? since if, like magic, god cannot be empirically proven to exist, then it in itself is merely a concept, regardless the amount of faith that some hold in it?

indeed it follows, then, that my point is supported by the fact of wide variance in what this concept of god actually is between the numerous groups and individuals that have faith in it. if god were a fact, there would be far more concordance among it's followers as to what it actually is.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 8:12 am

thomas81 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Wheelchairs are just another scientific quackery, all one needs is faith, prayer and proper donations to your church and you will walk again. Unfortunately this fact has been suppressed but in regards to wheel chairs I strongly suggest teaching the controversy

Oh goodness. Please tell me you're trolling.

Trolling is against the rules.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

ruveyn wrote:
b9 wrote:
Quote:

because if God did not exist, then neither would anything else.

It is logically possible that the physical cosmos (in some form or another) has always existed. Thus there is no logical requirement that there be a Creator who is separate from it's creation.

ruveyn

it is not possible that things could last forever because of radioactive decay. radioactive decay results in a completely amorphous sea of particles with no particular job to do.
one may think that things decay to stable elements like lead, but the enormity of time dictates that even lead will be dismantled eventually into isolated sub atomic particles, that themselves will cease vibrating when they radiate their heat to the infinitude of space. zero degrees kelvin will be the temperature of the universe after distribution of infinite energy into an infinite volume, and infinity divided by infinity=0 i believe. not 1, but 0.

i have no theistic ideal that i am proposing, i am instead making casual comments from a spectators perspective.

it is unfathomable to my mind (and i would venture "any mind") to conceive of an eternity of reality that never began.

if it did not begin, then it should not exist.
reality is above the capacity of my registers.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 8:51 am

Vigilans wrote:
b9 wrote:
Quote:

because if God did not exist, then neither would anything else.

Who or what created God? Why does God exist?

i have no idea. "god" to me means an intelligence that i can scarcely fathom that has fashioned the universe as we see it.

if some entity created "god", then that entity itself would be "God", and it's creation would not be "God". who created your idea of god? i guess "God" did.

it is a very complex situation, and i spend not much time trying to work it out because my transistors have limited ability for situational transference.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 10:08 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Wheelchairs are just another scientific quackery, all one needs is faith, prayer and proper donations to your church and you will walk again. Unfortunately this fact has been suppressed but in regards to wheel chairs I strongly suggest teaching the controversy

a sarcasm orgasm :wink: