Do most 40 year olds look like this.

Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

Do most 40 year olds look like this.I am finding it shocking that woman my age are looking like this.
I have been clueless until a year or two ago what people my age looked like. I didn't know that many went gray
and used hair dye. I keep on thinking about this since I found out the age of a work collogue is 39 and I guessed
her age around 46 ,and the numerous dating profiles I see on plentyoffish.com . I guess I must be the majority of
men my age who go for woman much younger. I guess I am technically upping my expectation as I am getting older.
I don't think it is uncommon for many men to go for women much younger,particularly if you are an Aspie who looks very young[as many Aspies do].At the age of 45 many people still think I am in my 20's and I wouldn't be opposed to dating a woman in her 20's .So,your outlook may not be considered that unusual if you happen to be an Aspie who looks young.Personally I find the woman in the photo attractive it is likely just a bad picture of her.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 9:56 pm

Imagine how pretty she'd be if she were SMILING! There's not many things more unattractive than a perma-scowl! This lady almost looks sad in this shot...

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 11:30 am

In a group, I'm the only one they ask for my ID when going into a club or buying a drink. Maybe it is just my inner kid shining through :D

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

OOPS~Thought I was somewhere else. Suddenly felt the need to stand up for all 40 year old US women. Thanks for the compliment. But from now on, it's like woodworking, but instead of measure/cut, It's "Read twice, Post once".

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

Last edited by GreyGirl on 24 Aug 2012, 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

GreyGirl wrote:
I'm from the US, and I'm 40. That's me in my avatar, barn-style. :) I found my first gray hair about a month ago and it's now about 2 inches long now. Go ahead - judge me. For some reason I don't care much about that type of criticism right now. :P

Okay, one judgement coming up!

[solemnly clears throat:] Ahem.

HUBBA HUBBA!! :D :D

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 3:29 pm

GreyGirl wrote:
I'm from the US, and I'm 40. That's me in my avatar, barn-style. :) I found my first gray hair about a month ago and it's now about 2 inches long now. Go ahead-judge me. For some reason I don't care much about that type of criticism right now. :P

Judging from your avatar, you seem to age well. :)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

GreyGirl wrote:
I'm from the US, and I'm 40. That's me in my avatar, barn-style. :) I found my first gray hair about a month ago and it's now about 2 inches long now. Go ahead-judge me. For some reason I don't care much about that type of criticism right now. :P

I am older than you, and I don't care about that kind of criticism any more either. And I have been told that I look anywhere from 10 to 15 years younger than my actual age.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 6:33 pm

I am nearly 30 and I get told I look like I'm about 21 years old, which is nice considering as I actually feel my age lol. However, IMO men age just as badly as what women do and anyone who judges anyone based on how old they look or how many wrinkles they have (whether it be a man judging a woman or vice versa) and values youthful looks over personality is shallow and not worth wasting your time over. End of. Women do not age any worse than what men do and anyone who says otherwise (usually a man funnily enough) is delusional.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 12:03 am

Fiz wrote:
Women do not age any worse than what men do and anyone who says otherwise (usually a man funnily enough) is delusional.

Yeah the "rugged look" is really attractive on a wimpy woman. :lmao:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 12:04 am

Venger wrote:
Fiz wrote:
Women do not age any worse than what men do and anyone who says otherwise (usually a man funnily enough) is delusional.

so the "rugged look" is more attractive on strong women?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 12:31 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Venger wrote:
Fiz wrote:

especially if they smoke cigars. lol

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 12:57 am

Venger wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Venger wrote:
Fiz wrote:

especially if they smoke cigars. lol

sounds cute. i like a good strong woman.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 1:29 am

I'll be 48 in three weeks.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2012, 3:43 am

Blimey Im turning 40 next year I get told I look 24. I am slowly going grey and have slowed down and tend to go with the flow these days. I rather sit back with a cup of tea and watch the footy or a good movie on a Friday or Saturday night then go out these days.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 4:04 pm

Jediyoda wrote:
Blimey Im turning 40 next year I get told I look 24. I am slowly going grey and have slowed down and tend to go with the flow these days. I rather sit back with a cup of tea and watch the footy or a good movie on a Friday or Saturday night then go out these days.

Tea is always nice.

njones0100
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2012, 7:21 pm

mv wrote:
Additionally, I find that different ethnic heritages "age" differently. Many times, to me, Black women seem to change the least, with respect to age.

This is true. I can think of several ladies I know who are 10 years older than I thought they were.