Todd Akin makes even bigger mistake [fixed picture]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:44 pm

You're not your . I can no longer support him.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Last edited by JakobVirgil on 24 Aug 2012, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 6:07 pm

Bump to restart.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 6:42 pm

I was this close to working to get this guy elected but now that you've pointed that out....

The GOP is making me lol right now. James Carville wrote their strategy 20 years ago. It's called, "it's the economy, stupid". Apparently he used too many words or spoke in some kind of elitist fashion that they can't comprehend. They generate a new distraction every week. They are supposed to talk about the economy and then get in and pursue a far right wing agenda that they didnt tell anyone about. The first rule of right-wing club is that you don't talk about right-wing club in a general election.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 7:52 pm

simon_says wrote:
I was this close to working to get this guy elected but now that you've pointed that out....

The GOP is making me lol right now. James Carville wrote their strategy 20 years ago. It's called, "it's the economy, stupid". Apparently he used too many words or spoke in some kind of elitist fashion that they can't comprehend. They generate a new distraction every week. They are supposed to talk about the economy and then get in and pursue a far right wing agenda that they didnt tell anyone about. The first rule of right-wing club is that you don't talk about right-wing club in a general election.

He said that women who are legitimately raped don't get pregnant. 8O

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 8:08 pm

I know. I was kidding about supporting him.

Republicans want him out bad. He's introducing off-message nonsense, putting a Senate seat at risk, and he has a tie to Paul Ryan. Ryan co-sponsored his bill to prevent medicaid money from funding abortion in rape cases that are not "forcible rape". Ryan himself seems to want to roll back abortions to only cases where the mother's life is in danger. So not for incest or any kind of rape. He's a "personhood" supporter.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 8:11 pm

simon_says wrote:
I know. I was kidding about supporting him.

Republicans want him out bad. He's introducing off-message nonsense, putting a Senate seat at risk, and he has a tie to Paul Ryan. Ryan co-sponsored his bill to prevent medicaid money from funding abortion in rape cases that are not "forcible rape". Ryan himself seems to want to roll back abortions to only cases where the mother's life is in danger. So not for incest or any kind of rape. He's a "personhood" supporter.

and he thinks Your = You're 8O

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

God only knows what other crap this clown would pull if he were to get in. Makes me ashamed of my home state of missouri. Will be voting against him though.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

Brunner was a better candidate, Akin should drop out now. What he said was of the stupider things I've heard a politician say.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Even a large part of the GOP has disavowed him. He's an ignorant fool.

That said, he does not represent the entire GOP anymore than Joe Biden's racist comments should represent the entire Democratic party.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 2:55 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Brunner was a better candidate, Akin should drop out now. What he said was of the stupider things I've heard a politician say.

He had until yesterday to withdraw, now his name has to appear as the GOP candidate.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Aug 2012, 3:34 pm

ghoti wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

He had until yesterday to withdraw, now his name has to appear as the GOP candidate.

He can still drop out apparently until September 25th, he just now has to petition the court to do so.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 9:36 pm

i want him to keep on being the gift that keeps on giving.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

His statements were just a clumsy way of expressing what many Republicans believe. That fertizlied eggs are people and that there should be almost no way, or absolutely no way, to prevent their development. That's the root argument of the "personhood" movement. This dumb guy just got bogged down in a dodgy argument about why rape pregnancies shouldnt be terminated by suggesting that they are rare enough so as not to worry about making exceptions for them. Others social cons might just say that the fertizlied egg didnt rape anyone and so the woman is obligated to protect the zygote.

No exceptions for rape is part of the official GOP platform.

RocketPeacock
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2012, 11:06 pm

So, on a page where he apologizes for using words in the wrong way, he uses the word your in the wrong way. This guy is just bad with words, I guess.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

His comments on abortion were junk science, but his positions on abortion mirror those of his party. The platform only makes an exception for the life of the mother, not rape.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 8:06 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

You're not your . I can no longer support him.
Can't find the words "your" or "you're" in the image :/

It is not the stupid ignorance about biology that should get anyone worked up. That only tells us he is an ignorant moron.

What is really wrong is that he made those stupid comments to justify banning abortion in case of rape. Now that is real problem. Worse, the whole republican party really thinks it is fine to ban abortion even in case of rape. This makes them not only ignorant morons, but evil misogynistic ignorant morons.