Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 1:45 am

I was just thinking about this today. Given the choice between an amusement park and a science museum, I'd probably go with the museum. That said, I am a fan of amusement parks. I won't go on roller coasters or anything that flips you upsidown, but I do enjoy the spinning rides in particular, tea cups, spinning swings, etc. I also enjoy the rides that swing you back and forth... on an ordinary swing, I get seasick pretty quickly, but on the giant ones, they seem to be moving slowly enough that it doesn't bother me. As for the park itself, well, the main factor determining my enjoyment level is the crowds. Nobody enjoys them, but I find them to be loud and overstimulating to the point that I get frustrated or shut down or just want to leave.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jun 2013, 1:53 am

I don't mind them...everything is colorful. I find that a lot of the rides don't mix well with my anxiety because they look intimidating.

My sensory issues mainly involve sound and if a scene is too overwhelming for me, I want to run and hide.

Minou
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jun 2013, 2:48 am

I like parks especially if it has a mostly adult them to it. I can't stand clowns for many reasons and do not like the silliness of some parks. I used to ride as many scary roller coasters as possible, the type that has a bar that goes across your chest. I do not like the old wooden type because I am afraid they will come apart with me on them. I think ferris wheels look great and I do like to ride them backwards only, as soon as they start to go forward and over the top I panic and scream like crazy for someone to stop it and let me climb out.

I try to ignore the crowds of people and when it gets to be too much I find some place that isn't as popular to have a seat for a while.

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 6:53 am

I've always liked them. I'm particularly fond of roller coasters. I also like those thingies that turn you upside down and let you hang there a little while. They're a lot of fun!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 11:30 am

Haven't been to a theme park in years, too expencive and everything has a line and I can't stand lines and getting jamed in with all the people all the time and I fear most of the rides.

I love the fall fairs, I never do the rides as I hate lines and fear most of them, instaid I look at all the animals and antique farm implament exibits get my fresh cut fries and I often drive a car in the demolition derby or at least come to watch it, in fact if there was no derby I would not go. Picking odd days or going on the rainy days helps cut down on the crowds and there is usually some place to escape to if it becomes too much. The great thing about driving in the demolition derby(besides getting in for free) is I get to take my truck inside the grounds so I have my own little place to hang out alone or with my derby friends, its actually a good social event for me.

Marylandman889
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2013, 12:23 pm

I used to hate fair rides with burning passion, but after a few years I got more used to them. Still, some rides I do not wish to go on...
The thing I hate about fairs mostly nowadays are the people who hang out there :x

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 2:43 pm

I like the rides, hate the crowds and lines. Best case scenerio is to come to an amusement park during an off season time so I can ride lots of rides without crowds or lines.

Adventure4U1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2013, 8:59 am

I love theme parks. Disneyworld (Florida) (you can get passes to pass most of the rides)
Dollywood (TN) (Better watch out for one of the shows sprinking rain on you- Shakio-Oh-Hey, something like that?) Kennywood and Great Wolf Loge. (I love the tube waterslides. They are so much fun!

I hate things that turn me upside down. It makes me feel as if I'm going to fall. The Laugh Floor at Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld is kinda cool. (Maybe it's because I do have a sense of humor- unlike most)

I know I'm Opposite of Skilpaddle? You'd probably like Cedar Point, wouldn't you?
I might not like the M

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 10:05 am

I can't stand theme parks. Too many people in my bubble and I hate roller coasters, I also don't like all the walking and standing around! I especially don't like going to theme parks when it's hot out. I don't mind going to local fairs though, like an art fair or a car show.