Are these autistic traits, why am I like this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NateRiver
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

I always make lots of silly mistakes on tests and never finish on time.
I always lose my glasses and my phone.
I sometimes drift of into my own world and think about thousands of other small details when doing something and end up making mistakes, for example:I was doing 275/ 5 in my head and I thought about information related to calculation and abandoned entirely the whole process and ended up saying the answer was 21?

I have problems ordering my thoughts so when I'm explaining something everything is jumbled up.

It just seems I have to remind myself to keep focused and on task or I fail, but it's quite hard

And, when I'm trying to solve a problem all the information goes everywhere in my mind and I have trouble gathering it all together to form a solution.
I'm also very hyper most of the time.

I also have attention problems.

I haven't been diagnosed with ADHD, but Idk. Are these autistic traits?

Why am I like this?

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

Those sound like ADHD inattentive type traits or symptoms to me.....I have this (as well as AS) and I have a lot of those traits too.....especially the losing things bit....I'm infamous for that in my family. :)

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 8:00 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
Those sound like ADHD inattentive type traits or symptoms to me.....I have this (as well as AS) and I have a lot of those traits too.....especially the losing things bit....I'm infamous for that in my family. :)

Those sort of traits also appear frequently in AS. It tends to get called "Executive Dysfunction" or short term memory issues.

I'm one of those people who have being diagnosed ADHD-PI believes that ADHD-PI is the *same* disorder as AS. There's far too much overlap for my liking.

Rule out AS first, then see if ADHD fits. It would be very interesting to see the AQ score for the OP.

Jason.