Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Xena_Sophia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2012, 12:00 am

I have noticed recently that the way I conceptualize people (by themselves and in groups) is probably not normal. I think of people as matrices consisting of their physical appearance, what I know of their personality, and where they fit in my social dynamics theories. In my social dynamics theories, I classify people as having generally two types of friendship interactions. The first is duos or trios of very close friends, "best friends" if you will. Most people belong to 1-3 of these groups. The second type of interactions consists of "friend groups", "drifters", and "loners". "Friend groups" generally consist of five or more people, who tend to 'hang out' together, but aren't necessarily extremely close friends. Many people belong almost exclusively to one "friend group". There are also those I consider "drifters" who associate freely with two or more "friend groups". Drifters often do not quite feel as though they fully 'fit in' with any one friend group. Finally, there are the "loners". They do not generally participate in the activities of any of the "friend groups", preferring to associate only within their duos or trios. Keep in mind, people who are largely exclusive to one "friend group" can be part of a duo or trio with people from another "friend group", because the two types of interaction are mostly independent of one another.

Does anyone else maintain this sort of system of classifications? (Please bear in mind, as I have based this analysis on interactions exclusively between girls, this may or may not apply to boys.) I would appreciate any sort of feedback!

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 12:07 am

I dont try to do it, it just happens its not like I make a list of people.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 12:10 am

I do it, but in a less serious way. I have two ways of sorting people --

Which of the Middle Earth species of people they most resemble -- elves, trolls, fairies, etc. The reason is that I kept seeing people who looked like elves. So I took it a step further and started looking for other types.

What animal they resemble. This came from noticing that a guy I know named Ted had the back and forth stride of a giraffe. Other people I know look like fish, birds, cat, etc. Paris Hilton looks like an ostrich.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 2:18 am

i categorize folks by the following criteria-

*people who like me
*people who don't like me
*people who don't know me
*people i'd like to know better
*people i'd rather avoid for various reasons

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 3:04 am

I usually do not categorize people but I do tend to catalogue items a person is wearing.

Example:

Blue dress, red shoes, red purse lady

Jeans, ac/dc t-shirt, flip flops, red toe-nails girl

. . .. so on and so forth.

My favorite of this week was:

Blue dress, blue short hair, blue feather earrings, white sandals, leather purse lady.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 3:10 am

Two types of people in the world.

Those who are potential or definite reinforcers.

And those who are a waste of time.

The free market starts in our DNA.

EQ: 6.