Page 6 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 9:37 am

I thought the whole episode was kind of weird.

Includes:
-The Doctor verbally abusing a friendly Sontaran companion with "racist" remarks
-The Doctor making out with Clara despite being recently married (and not mentioning it to her)(also why wouldn't he be with River Song if he was retired?)
-The Doctor basically kills the villain (despite an entire episode last season being devoted to his triumph over the urge to do things like that and its causing more problems than it solved in this case)

I know he's "not himself" but still...

Also, they said "Winter is Coming" like 10 times, you'd think at this point Doctor Who was beyond those kinds of shameless references to other programs (once was plenty, really).

Not to mention that by my count this is the second Christmas special to introduce and immediately kill a companion (because nothing says Christmas like death scenes and seeing the tears of children scarred for life).

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

He was still mourning the deaths of the Ponds, when people are in moruning they tend to lash out and do and say irrational things. In a way he was trying to push people away so they wouldn't become too attached and get killed by associating with him. Strax had already died once before.

River Song wasn't with him because she had other places to be (and being around River would probably make his grief that much more difficult).

Clara initiated the kiss. Also she's not dead.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

So far I am not liking season 7. Hated the daleks went back to the old, unpure, only three in the Universe to a whole planet of them (not even going to bring up the half human ones)

Am I the only one thinking the angels are way over used and losing the scare factor? Never mind the Statue of Liberty freezing because the "the viewers see it"

The doctor really did not kill anyone in The Snowman. Did I miss something?

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 6:35 pm

Darkone101 wrote:
So far I am not liking season 7. Hated the daleks went back to the old, unpure, only three in the Universe to a whole planet of them (not even going to bring up the half human ones)

Am I the only one thinking the angels are way over used and losing the scare factor? Never mind the Statue of Liberty freezing because the "the viewers see it"

The doctor really did not kill anyone in The Snowman. Did I miss something?

He erased someone's brain because even as a child it provided something for the great intelligence to mirror.

It seemed like he was just going to make him a child in an adult body, but I guess he left the worm on a little too long because the intelligence took over the body explaining that it was finally able to do so once it became "empty" (brain dead).

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2012, 7:45 pm

I did not of it like that. I saw it as when the old man started to forget the mirror just refilling his mind without the lies.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 11:51 am

Darkone101 wrote:
Am I the only one thinking the angels are way over used and losing the scare factor?

Well they did succeed at killing the Doctor's closest companions.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2012, 2:33 am

Rorberyllium wrote:
Darkone101 wrote:
Am I the only one thinking the angels are way over used and losing the scare factor?

Well they did succeed at killing the Doctor's closest companions.

This is the part that indeed makes them less scary. They do not kill you but rather send you back in time to before you were born(hello good stock options) in both Blink and Angels take Manhattan we see the angels victims die that same day they were taken, so following that logic the doctor should have been able to meet the ponds again or waited for the 1930s and just picked them up then?

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

I reallly liked the snowmen. I think Clara is awesome.

corastorm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2012, 1:14 pm

I'm super excited about the new companion but don't have much else that's good to say about season 7. Hope the second half is (much) better!

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:41 pm

The new companion seems to be the best part. The episodes with Carla seem best this season.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:04 am

Darkone101 wrote:
the doctor should have been able to meet the ponds again or waited for the 1930s and just picked them up then?

Timey wimey, they had to create a paradox in order to defeat the angels, going back in time and plucking them out of paradoxed-to-hell New York would cause too much time-damage and kill everyone. Also him seeing the gravestones created a "fixed point" (this is a theme throughout the episode).

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

Rorberyllium wrote:
Darkone101 wrote:
the doctor should have been able to meet the ponds again or waited for the 1930s and just picked them up then?

Timey wimey, they had to create a paradox in order to defeat the angels, going back in time and plucking them out of paradoxed-to-hell New York would cause too much time-damage and kill everyone. Also him seeing the gravestones created a "fixed point" (this is a theme throughout the episode).

Yes, a fixed death. who says he can not visit them? He made it clear the 1920s was the bad time zone. We also know the 1930s were okay because daleks in manhattan. Love debating time travel.

StitchehVee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

I love Clara already. She is stunning and very amusing. Liked Jenna in Asylum of the Daleks but now I LOVE her!! !

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 1:49 am

I liked the episode with the snowmen. As for the episode,The Wedding of River Song, were she and the Doctor really married? He was inside a humanoid spaceship. Does that count?
I like the character of Clara. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be some evil entity bent on destroying the Doctor after getting him to let his guard down.

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"