Page 1 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 6:23 pm

Has anyone heard any rumours about the upcoming series of Doctor Who? If so, post them here!

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 10:08 pm

Hi. Season 7 starts Sept. 1st 9PM est. U.S. (Not sure your area/time). First 5 episodes the end of the Ponds! Christmas NEW companion back tail of the season first half 2013 to commemorate the 50th anniversary and trips with the NEW companion. :-) First episode involves the Dyleks OHH!! !! :-) The previews LOOK AWESOME!

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2012, 1:11 am

Matt Smith is leaving Dr Who after Season 7, so the Doctor will probably regenerate either during or at the end of it.

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2012, 6:09 am

KaminariNoKage wrote:
Matt Smith is leaving Dr Who after Season 7, so the Doctor will probably regenerate either during or at the end of it.

Matt Smith will always be my Doctor :( Bow ties and fezzes are cool. YES IT'S SPACEY-WACEY!

There's going to be a special 90 minute documentary about the origin and history of Doctor Who called An Adventure In Space and Time that will be broadcast on the exact date of the 50th anniversary. Should be good.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 6:44 am

KaminariNoKage wrote:

Oh, that's a pity. I really like Matt Smith.

I don't look forward to regenerations as much as I used to because I know that yet again, I'll have to tolerate that tiresome post-regeneration phase in which every brainless idiot in the world bashes the new Doctor before they've even seen him in action simply because he isn't the last one. It's very annoying.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 9:19 pm

Actually Matt Smith says he's the doctor through 2014 so he'll be around for a Season 8. :-)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/13/ ... least-2014

:-) So Matt has another 2 years. IMO lets hope Series 7 ends first half of 2013 and we lead right up into Series 8 within a few weeks (SURELY they can be filming series 8 BY NOW!) and then NO STOP Dr. Who NONSTOP! End of 2013 into 2014 1st half and see what happens to the 11th Doctor as we begin 2014. :-)

That's what I hope. I HATED waiting A YEAR! for a new season! IMO the diehards will know WHO is returning but others will be confused and wonder what happen for the past year SHEESH! Doctor WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 4:33 am

No rumours, but this year's story titles have been confirmed, save for the Christmas special...

Asylum of the Daleks

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

A Town Called Mercy

The Power of Three

The Angels Take Manhattan

On sabbatical...

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:11 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Hi. Season 7 starts Sept. 1st 9PM est. U.S. (Not sure your area/time). First 5 episodes the end of the Ponds! Christmas NEW companion back tail of the season first half 2013 to commemorate the 50th anniversary and trips with the NEW companion. :-) First episode involves the Dyleks OHH!! !! :-) The previews LOOK AWESOME!

I'm sick of the Ponds...

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:39 pm

I actually only just got really interested in Doctor Who, I had seen some scattered previous episodes, but as I was I did not like suddenly having a different Doctor, I had mostly seen David Tennant. But I saw the transition episodes between Doctors and could accept them now, my brother also got all the recent 6 seasons which we just marathoned, and now I am really looking forward to season 7.

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2012, 6:34 am

Check out this prequel video to series 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMdBsc5p ... g-logo-xit

pop_culture_ref
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

The new series starts in a couple of hours, I'm excited!

McCat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Sep 2012, 6:57 pm

Anyone see the new episode yet? That was one thrilling ending! Oh my! 8O

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:28 pm

McCat wrote:
Anyone see the new episode yet? That was one thrilling ending! Oh my! 8O

Sort of, but echoing someone saying that phrase was how they ended the previous episode (and it was a lot more dramatic then).

Anyone else guess the twist? I only got it about about 10-20 seconds before the reveal which doesn't count for much. :(

I'll be glad when the Ponds just go home.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

Ballerina Dalek, was a funny thing to come out of it.

The twist was good.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm

Waited all year for first episode. Now waiting impatiently for next episode. If there was an impatient-looking smlile, I'd use it.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

A prequel for asylum of the daleks (not pond life, an actual prequel) explaining how the doctor came to skaro has been released on american itunes... and on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1r2dQkB1fY

Loved asylum of the daleks, I have high hopes for the new companion story arc now :D