Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:01 am

BlueMax wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
What liberal censorship?

Is it the prohibition against swearing you take issue with? Or the one against nudity? Or the one against personal attacks?

'Cause those are, as far as I know, the only things not allowed here.

Unfortunately, religion-bashing appears to be fully sanctioned around here.

As is the promotion of religious beliefs.

That's the very opposite of censorship.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

fs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Aug 2012, 12:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:
it's not about political correctness, it's about being respectful and following the rules. 65,950 people don't have a big issue with that, and a small handful of people do.

That's what the Catholic Church said to Galileo. At least you are showing your true colors, one must follow the herd or else...

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:05 am

fs wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
What liberal censorship?

Is it the prohibition against swearing you take issue with? Or the one against nudity? Or the one against personal attacks?

If you're dependent on one of those to get your point across, maybe your position isn't as strong as you think.

Or are you only willing to discuss it in a forum full of people who already agree with you?

What a joke! I have been censored here before and I have been censored on every liberal forum that I have ever posted to for expressing politically incorrect ideas. Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate non-liberal ideas.
:roll: You realize that the "liberal media" slogan was made as pretty much propaganda to disregard what the media says. Pretty much a "correct" way to say I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA. Look up the origin of liberal media...

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:05 am

fs wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
What liberal censorship?

If you're dependent on one of those to get your point across, maybe your position isn't as strong as you think.

Or are you only willing to discuss it in a forum full of people who already agree with you?

What a joke! I have been censored here before and I have been censored on every liberal forum that I have ever posted to for expressing politically incorrect ideas. Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate non-liberal ideas.

This place politically correct? Hah!

I've read some of the most un-PC s**t here. Written a little of it myself. Never been censored.

Of course there are plenty of people here who will call you on it if you say something that offends them. But people disagreeing with you or telling you you've offended them is not the same as censorship.

Modest Mouse - The View

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:11 am

ok, let's move on. fs can hold whatever opinion he wants regarding the site (and/or me), and *gasp* it won't even get censored!! !! but he is pushing for a derailing, so let's not encourage him. thank you.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:12 am

And, speaking of fairness in romantic preferences, there is no such thing. Never has been, never will be, never should be.

Don't like the fact that many seem to find you unappealing? Then make some changes.

Don't feel you should have to change your personality for others? Then why should they have to change their preferences for you?

Modest Mouse - The View

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:43 am

mds_02 wrote:
And, speaking of fairness in romantic preferences, there is no such thing. Never has been, never will be, never should be.

Don't like the fact that many seem to find you unappealing? Then make some changes.

Don't feel you should have to change your personality for others? Then why should they have to change their preferences for you?

Very good points here. The trick may sometimes be the big difference between what we think we are and how we come across to others.
for example, I don't see myself as putting myself down but others have mentioned it to me enough times that I realize I must be doing something wrong and it comes across as unappealing... Nice that my date tonight was willing to share that and is a good enough friend to also help me work on it. VERY cool of her!

Honesty instead of game-playing... the most attractive personality trait going in my books! ;)