Just a symptom of love or is it an obsession? Addiction?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LisbethSalander1992
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2012, 11:32 pm

Of course it's normal to be infatuated with your significant other but when does it cross the line into obsession?

I mean I've dedicated my whole Facebook account to my boyfriend, timeline cover and everything.

I literally wait by the phone for him to call and when he doesn't I get very depressed.

My every thought is about him and I only think about him and nothing else.

What's normal and what isn't?

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2012, 12:27 am

[x]

Last edited by Merculangelo on 01 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 8:54 am

What's normal is not necessarily good for you. Speaking as an old person who still remembers that experience after several decades, I might - if it's o.k., encourage you to find other stuff you enjoy in addition to your boyfriend. My obsession with my boyfriend was forcibly and tragically ended when he died; and it took way too long a time to get over the death and the obsession.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2012, 9:03 am

What you describe is more like obsession. I am not downplaying your feelings for him and I know love and romance can be wonderful. But it does appear to me, at least from what you have described, that you have crossed the line over to obsession.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"