Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 5:36 am

Hello everyone does anyone have trouble with parents not eccepting you for who you are and have no idea how to take you at all well I have that problem with my Mum. I had a meltdown when my Mum turned up on Saturday Mum always talks to my sister and confides in her with everything that goes on with my Dad and I. My neighbours the night before were abusing me and calling me names and even though I heard it I was told not to say anything and ignore it so I ignored it but I was fuming and upset all night and had no sleep so when Mum turned up all I wanted to do is talk to her about it and I was still fuming and upset. Mum was not at all interested and she kept on forcing me and pushing me to hurry up and get ready and I was getting more angrey. I noticed when she turned up she was shaking and highly strung and freaking out at something. I had, had enough of Mum not listening to me and then I lost it. I started smashing everything in my room my Mum then came in front of me and started spanking me as I was having a meltdown I ended up punching her then she smacked me again and then I punched her again and my Mum spanked me again she said she was trying to stop me from having a meltdown and that it was naughty. She kept on saying she knows how to handle people with Aspergers and that she knows everything about Aspergers and how to handle someone having a meltdown that she worked with people in phycology and thats how she knows what to do which she does not. My Mum was Year one and two co- ordinator for medical students with the local universaty, she then started saying what about her and how I put her through so much stress look what your doing to me I have to deal with this everyday and it made me feel so worthless down and depressed and I felt like walking outside and standing in front of a car. The one thing you do not do is stand in front of me as I am having a meltdown. After that Mum started shaking and was clearly scared which I never intended to make her scared and she was threatening to ring the police, put me in a mental institution and ring Dad Mum did ring Dad and all I kept saying I don't care do it, do it I dare you and I even threw the phone at her Mum did ring Dad and I told my Dad straight out what I did. The one thing I never wanted to do is hurt my Mum I felt so horrible afterwards I broke down and cried in my Mums arms saying sorry constantly. Is what my Mum did the right thing to do? I talked to my pychologist today about this situation and she said that my Mum could be Aspergers the fact that she has no idea on how to handle the situation which clearly went out of hand and that she was more concerned about herself than me at the time and had no clue she kept on bringing up the comment But what about me and the fact she has a habit of not listening to me or my Dad at all and is more concerned of how much the petrol is than concentrating on the conversation or what I am trying so hard to say to her which frustrates me and Dad constantly and the fact that Mum should not of stood in front of me when I have a meltdown and spanked me constantly it doesnt help and it makes matters worse.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 7:51 am

I have this problem with my mum. My brother is on the spectrum and is different to me. She once said that I'm nowhere near as bad as him because I go out. :x She's had a go at me because I don't (read: can't) work; but it's ok for my brother not to. AS is his only disability and I have other disabilities.