Page 1 of 12 [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 4:34 pm

I used to dress all preppy in grades kindergarten-to 6th grade,started dressing like a tomboy in grades 7 to early 8th grade,after the beginning of 8th grade I started dressing really goth.

Now,my style is more colorful and artsy.Aslo,funkier.

-SpaceCase

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2006, 7:14 pm

I wear lots of long-sleeved shirts. I like wearing jeans, but I like them stretchy so I can cross my legs when I sit on the floor or something. I've never had a feminine look.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2006, 10:16 pm

I could care less as to how I dress.

OK, that's an overreaction - certainly, if you gave me a pink polo shirt, the epitome of male Cape Cod preppiness - or anything of that vein - I would refuse to even be associated with the clothes.

Don't expect me with $200 Nike Air sneakers. I'm not one of those guys. I'd rather wear sandals any day.

Going off on a tangent, it has been said that I would be attractive if I dressed preppily. It was probably one of the first social interactions I'd had in Charlotte where I was told that. But no, I don't see myself going preppy in the future...

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2006, 10:53 pm

I dress to fit my sensory issues. 98% of the time I wear baggy T-shirts, baggy jeans with an elastic waistband (I can't wear pants with zippers), and flat tennis shoes without socks. I can't wear "normal" tennis shoes with that sole thing. Plus, flat tennis shoes make it easier for me to walk on my toes. I, too, could care about how I look. It means absolutely nothing to me. I dress entirely for comfort.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 2:36 am

t-shirt and jeans most of the time, I like to wear sweats too. I dress for comfort, and although the color scheme is tasteful, it's usually limited in number of colors and complexity. Cross trainers or hiking boots.

I do have some dressy casual and very formal (suits) stuff as well, but I dress up in those on very rare occasions, perhaps once per year.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

17 Dec 2006, 7:04 am

I wear what's comfortable. Generally that's a pair of sweats or khakis and a sweatshirt just now, or a T-shirt and shorts or light pants in summer. I wear sandals all year, though I often switch to clogs with hiking socks in the winter. I'm trying to find a pair of good hiking boots I can wear year-round at the moment, though.

I don't take "preppy," etc. into consideration, although I do dislike certain colors on principle. Like Stinkypuppy, I also own a couple dressyish outfits, but I generally only wear them when a) I have to, or b) all my other clothes are dirty.

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 7:13 am

black or grey t shirts, black jacket/coat/top, khaki/grey/black baggy combat trousers, white trainers aka sneakers for you americans, black hair, usually very short but not spikey, and im usually found to be wearing a pair of headphones

dressed that way for like 4 years or so since i was 12

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2006, 5:02 pm

I like to always wear long-sleeved tops. I dress a bit boy-ish. A lot of black and green in my wardrobe. I also love boots. :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 5:04 pm

Generally navy blue/red/black/other dark T-shirt with baggy navy blue trousers. I'm very well dressed, me. I almost always wear some nice aftershave and deodorant with it so it's not all bad.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 6:24 pm

What I've got on at the moment's pretty typical winter wear for me... Converse hi-tops ( combat boots when it gets to freezing or below), loose jeans, a black t-shirt, a... not sure what color this is... it's sort of a bronze-y green-ey color... overshirt.
Summertime, it's the same thing, just minus the jeans (replace with cargo shorts) and the overshirt.

Legalize_Freedom_Now
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2006, 6:41 pm

Though I no longer can be considered a teen in any way (graduated in '04), I still dress the same as I did throughout middle and high school:

Black or otherwise dark clothes.
Same color jeans.

Yep, I was one of the "kids who wear black". Not because I wanted to seem frightening or whatever, but because I like dark colors. Makes me look thinner.

Most of my clothes have some sort of emblem or phrase on it (many are straight from http://thinkgeek.com or other esoteric clothing sites.. one of my favorite shirts says "Friends don't let friends use Microsoft Windows"). But absolutely NO fancy, designer clothes that display the company name to make me a walking billboard for corporate america (abercrombie, american eagle, fubu, etc). Also not because I wanted to be "anti-prep" (they annoyed me even worse than the preps.. anti-preps CLAIM to be unique and individual, preps are just oblivious), but because I'm not spending $50 for a shirt that won't last three months, is too small, and just don't please my eyes.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 7:55 pm

I usually wear something comfortable like jeans, not stretchy or skinny or low cut thank you very much, long sleeved top or t-shirt, usually high necked, or rather, not low cut, all 100% cotton, a cardigan or fleecy and trainers.

I have some nice, girly, pretty stuff that i wear on occasion but as i spend most of my time in the house i don't see much point to this, unless i'm in a good mood.

I own several skirts, NO minis, but as i hate tights i refuse to go bare legged in winter with a skirt.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 12:58 am

In public? Long black coat, black sweat pants (so comfy and easy to go pee with!), black button up shirt (with the topmost button left open but the rest closed), and some kind of T-shirt underneath that (usually red, or blue, or black). At home, I ditch the button-up, put on a black zip-up sweater, and switch to watershoes (which are faster to take off and put on, which helps because my feet have a tendency to feel like they're having rapid temperature changes).

IntestinalChaos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Dec 2006, 10:26 am

SpaceCase wrote:
I used to dress all preppy in grades kindergarten-to 6th grade,started dressing like a tomboy in grades 7 to early 8th grade,after the beginning of 8th grade I started dressing really goth.

Now,my style is more colorful and artsy.Aslo,funkier.

-SpaceCase

yz wel i alys derss prepy nd jock unlez i fel lyk being deep thn i dress in punker golfix cloz.

Sarcasm?
What sarcasm?

"Have you seen hand squeezed apple juice? No, because apples are lies."

PopeJaimie
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2006, 5:28 pm

K-5th:Total tomboy. No Rules shirts. Didn't give a crap about style.

6th-most of 8th:Attempted preppyness. Looking back, I think I looked more like a dork. I would have been mortified then, but now, I'm really glad.

end of 8th-middle to end of 9th, maybe some in 10th too I don't remember:Goth. Not super duper goth, but with all black, occasional fishnets, that sort of thing.

Whenever the goth phase ended-somewhere between 11th and 12th:Conserva-punk. I didn't do the mohawk thing or the millions of spikes, but I did the band shirt thing, and the eyeliner thing, and a little bit of dyed hair, some other stuff

NOW: Mostly back to my K-5th. The shirts fit better, the pants fit worse. I also have the best shoes ever, steel toed harley davidson motorcycle boots. I wear them every single day. The bottoms are starting to seperate, I think, which makes me sad. :(

Most of my shirts have HI-LARIOUS things written on them. Many are taken from tshirthell.

Yep.

~
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 2:45 pm

It's usually the same thing every day. Jeans with a different colored sweater & a nice pair of sneakers. Right now, it is a purple shirt with black pants & brown slippers.

At school, I do not stand out as much but after I get a haircut, I do not comb it as much so I wait until I am able to do so. I believe my glasses make me stand out because they are shaped like dewdrops & I look crosseyed when wearing them.

Quis custodiet ipsus custodiets?