Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LoudMuch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

I got diagnosed with ADHD and ASD a few months back @ 26.

On Stimulants for ADHD, slowly acknowledged and realising I am ADHD.

My life is an utter catostrophe, my World and body is literally falling apart around me, and I actually got evicted other day. xD

Yet I'd say i'm fairly "indifferent" to it all? (including my physical health which is pretty messed up)

I've heard the phrase Vulnerable adult thrown around me a few times, and I might just might see it a little bit now and again, like i'll have an emotional moment, i'll type it up as a cry/plea for help per se or such, then move onto next thing.

One moment I'm "ok Clearly you have a problem, you need help, get it", the next and most of the time I'm off doing something else and indifferent to the dramatic moment the moment before.

Do you feel like a vulnerable adult?
Did you get late diagnosis?
Do you have trouble identifying that your body is important part of you? (lack of proper concern for what I'm sure NTs would call serious symptoms etc)

My life is on the edge right now and i'm still not "getting it" :(
Ie no "OMG gotta do this gotta do that" and no running about like a madman trying to fix it. (I'm pretty much homeless is one thing atm)

Is this typical for ASDer/ADHDer?

Will I ever be able to identify with Autism?
(it's been about 5 months since diagnosis, ADHD I accepted per se cause it's what I went in for which I had strongly suspected, ASD I said at Psychiatrist "Autism!??! You're joking right!?!?" wasn't until some reading and in two months later that I realised "ok maybe I am" but still... I am doubting it this very moment.)

I can "see" per se that my life is seriously screwed up even severe (can see per se), but nothing is continually resonating in me saying "uh oh"

I'm still a newbie ASDer and still learning technically, but inability to "connect with others" is it possible for inability to connect with self?
Cause I just view myself as a bag of bones with a few medical names and info about, with no "special" significance kinda thing.

Thoughts?

Aldran
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 6:46 am

You sound very depressed, and no small wonder with everything you're talkin about.... Eviction, surprise diagnoses, medications, emotional dissociation (Just a guess, but a good one I think), etc etc..... You seem to "know" you're a wreck, but honestly you are only whatever you make yourself to be, and if you're making yourself to be a "Bag of bones with a few medical labels", how could you be anything but a wreck?

I highly doubt you're "indifferent to it all".... If that was the case, why are you posting here about it?

You're asking if anyone else here feels vulnerable, and then saying you're disconnected from how you feel? But you seem to feel like the term "vulnerable adult" might describe you? In which case Id ask how do you feel vulnerable? Ill even go so far as to tell you that, for the most part, I dont believe "Vulnerable" is a term that suits me in general, at least in so far as Im not particularly more vulnerable then most people in most areas.....

"Will I ever be able to identify with Autism?"
We can't tell you, only you can find out for yourself. Perhaps with help of people that know you better then we do.

You sound like you're going through alot of hardship atm for you, and I wish you well with it. We can't tell you if you're ASD or not, or what to do about it if you are or not. But we can type and read about each other.

Good Luck, I honestly wish you well
Aldran

DragonFireWalker
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2012, 4:42 pm

At times I feel like a volunerable adult...as it seems I always get myself into relationships that seem to me to be more volitile than they should be? Or is it just because Im no good at relationships, Im not sure. Certain ones I have had were very emotional/verbally abusive and I wondering if Im just cursed to keep this cycle going or what. Its very hard.

Tina