AuntBlabby is asking for *PRAYERS* :) <3 :D

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 3:58 am

Sometimes they are too tight because of swelling after it's been put on. If it's a regular cast, then elevate it tonight and go back tomorrow and ask them to take it off and put on a looser one. If it's a splint that you can take off yourself, can you find a way to loosen it?

For the bruising and such, you can try comfrey poultices. You can get comfrey root at a health food store. Put about half a shotglass full in a small pan, the size you would use to heat one can of soup, and add water. Bring it to a boil and turn it down to where it's just barely boiling, for ten minutes. When it's cool enough to touch but still really warm, dip a rag in it and wring it out and put that on the sore areas. Cover it with a dry towel and keep replacing it with a warm one when it cools. You can leave the water on low on the stove to keep it warm.

Vitamin E from the gelcap pills can help the scrapes heal up faster.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

opal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 4:07 am

Get well soon Aunt Blabby! You seem a nice guy to me. Don't pray, but sending happy thoughts.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:44 am

Get well soon!

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2012, 4:02 pm

Are you allowed to soak your arm in cold water? Or will the cast begin to soften and disintegrate?

Rode my motorcycle last evening along a back road. Couldn't help looking up at the sky several times, as the moon was bright and nearly full in the pale, purple-rose-colored, sun-setting sky. So beautiful. And then as I rode into the forested area, I encountered deer -- five of 'em -- within a 3-mile stretch of road. One single, one pair, one single, and then one more single. Aack! Slowed down and braked each time (because where there's one, there's usually another or two or three or four).

Here's to hoping your recuperation is not so frustratingly slow, AuntBlabby.

Vyacheslav
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 7:39 pm

I'm praying for you auntblabby. Get well soon. I look forward to reading more of your witty and insightful posts when you feel better.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:05 pm

This is what I get for not logging in all the time. I missed this accident. My bad. Hey, fellow Washingtontian, get well soon. I'll be drinking a beer, or tow, for ya. (Yes, that will be one for you, one for me. Two for you, one-two for me, etc.)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 10:21 pm

I'll send my prayers to him.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2012, 10:28 pm

Even though I really don't know you all that well auntblabby, I hope you get all healed up soon anyway. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 3:04 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Sometimes they are too tight because of swelling after it's been put on. If it's a regular cast, then elevate it tonight and go back tomorrow and ask them to take it off and put on a looser one. If it's a splint that you can take off yourself, can you find a way to loosen it?

had to return to ER 2nite, too-tight cast cut-off arm circulation and caused compartment syndrome, a nasty complication. had to saw off old cast, decompress swollen arm while lying on exam table while some poor 10-year-old girl in next bay was screaming her poor head off in sheer terror and wild pain from getting stuck and injected with painful stuff :( why, god, why does this hurt have to happen to so many? what good could it possibly do? :huh:

OliveOilMom wrote:
For the bruising and such, you can try comfrey poultices. You can get comfrey root at a health food store. Put about half a shotglass full in a small pan, the size you would use to heat one can of soup, and add water. Bring it to a boil and turn it down to where it's just barely boiling, for ten minutes. When it's cool enough to touch but still really warm, dip a rag in it and wring it out and put that on the sore areas. Cover it with a dry towel and keep replacing it with a warm one when it cools. You can leave the water on low on the stove to keep it warm. Vitamin E from the gelcap pills can help the scrapes heal up faster.

thanx for the comfy med advice :) :idea: and thanx/godbless beaucoup to EVERYBODY'S pea-pickin' hearts here on the great planet :D

jennyishere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 4:06 am

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident and the complications, auntblabby.
Rest up and take care. Jenny

OhioStateDolphins
Raven
Raven

01 Sep 2012, 1:25 pm

I will definitely pray for auntlabby!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 4:16 pm

I've said my prayers before getting my lunch ready, today. :)

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

Just saw this, I haven't been on WP in days if not maybe even a couple of weeks.
I hope you are feeling better and I am glad they replaced the cast! Thinking of you, I don't pray but I am sending "caring" vibes :-)

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

Saw this today. Wishing you healing and a full recovery.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm

^^^
:D :bounce: