Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

29 Aug 2012, 6:10 am

Aah, Digimon. One of the greatest virtual pet anime, and it';s hard to believe that it all started 13 years ago, the anime at least.
----
I have so many fond memories. I liked Taichi-kun, and this anime, like Sailor Moon, got me into the fandom to stay.... the first two were the best. After Tamers, it seemed to go downhill..... but Xros Wars saved it. Here's hoping for a new Digimon anime in the future. :D

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 7:05 am

I used to watch it when I was a kid and loved it. That probably came from my love of dinosaurs back then, I would imagine.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Digimon used to be my childhood favorite. But I have no intenion of going back to watch it as I am too old for it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 6:16 am

Oh, I forgot to add: A DVD set with all 51 Digimon eps from the first season will be released in October.

Mike_Garrick
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2012, 7:21 am

equestriatola wrote:
Oh, I forgot to add: A DVD set with all 51 Digimon eps from the first season will be released in October.

Yah but its like $75 isn't it? bleh

As for Xross, why would you even call that digimon, they look more like mecha.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 3:48 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Digital-M ... 56-7706919

Close enough. $80. Oh, how I wish......

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

My best friend and I were big fans of digimon's first season when we were young, especially towards the end when they actually had to start killing things instead of just breaking a gear. Not because I get some sort of sadistic pleasure out of cartoon characters being killed mind you, but because that created some serious diologe about the ethics of what had to be done and as an elementary school kid it wasso nice to not be written down to! It was the first time we had ever seen such mature themes presented to us outside a videogame. The big problem with the first season is that their cast was way to big and Tai, Matt, T.K., and their digimon ended up being the only characters that really mattered, at least in battle. My fav char Izzy did everything that you actually needed a brain for. :wink: I was really disappointed That Tentomon and... Gnomamon? was that Joe's digimon? didn't get to do more. I guess Tsunomon technically took Edimon down but it was done in such a way that it didn't feel like a real victory. I never saw the movie. I should try and find it on youtube sometime.

We followed the second season a little. It was funny, and it fixed the too many characters problem, but without them having to stay in the digital world 24/7 a lot of the sense of adventure was gone and we ended up burning out on it. Partially because the same "You're told old for this!! !!1!!" demons that have possessed Laconvivencia were messing with us; it would not be until junior high that I would exorcise those bast*rds for good.

OF course the digidestend always felt somewhat superfluous. I understand they were there because it was an adime for a virtual pet line, but from a plot perspective the monsters were all that's needed. Of course you could argue that the digidestend added more characters and therefore diologe opportunities without adding more fighters, and that's an excellent counterpoint. I was at my grandparent's house a few years ago and they get more channels than we do. While there I saw a digimon series where the digidestend were actually fusing with their digimon to battle some phoenix digimon who was greatly offended by this practice. not sure which series that was, but it did make the digidestend more relevant.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:56 am

On that note: Saban Brands Acquires Digimon Anime Franchise

It's good to see Digimon back where it belongs. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

silverw
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

digimon season 2 was my fav never really got in to the other seasons maybe cus they didn’t look vary good to me

I wish everyone’s digimon could go mega even the ones from season 1

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

This reminds me; I need to find a place that sells the Digimon Season 1 DVD set. It came out today!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

Has anybody found a copy of the Digimon DVD set yet?

Mike_Garrick
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2012, 10:58 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Digital-M ... B008L5FFMO
Also plenty on Ebay. Possibly cheaper if you get lucky on an auction.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 11:53 pm

I loved Digimon 1, and then Digimon 3 a bit. I also beat Digimon 4 for PS2 in all the difficulties.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 7:58 am

I have cosplayed two Digimon chars; Taichi and Izzy are those two. :D

Sallee92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2012, 5:25 pm

Digimon is such a great anime series though personally for me I think the dub though it does hold nostalgia it feels lacking and the music is awful(No offense in fact "Hey Digimon" actually comes to mind.Never liked that when I first saw digimon years ago either) if not painful especially the first opening with the screeching noises, wish they kept the original music (Like the German dub) and dubbed it might of been awesome to hear "Butterfly" "Brave Heart" and so forth nicely sung in English the rest applies to the rest of the series.

I do however really like Patamon,Gomamon(Especially),Palmon and Biyomon's voices in the dub in terms of the Digimon and Ken in terms of the Chosen Children/Digidestined as his voice at really fitted the character.
I can't say the same for some of the rest Veemon,Armadillomon,Hawkmon(Though Halsemon sounds epic in the dub don't understand why they couldn't have used Halsemon's voice actor for Hawkmon as it would have sounded more fitting) and especially Wormmon sounded ergh.
Some of the script changes to the dub were awkward especially after watching the original, one example is how Wormmon is portrayed in 02 in the dub in comparison to the original.
Anyway my favorite series is Digimon Adventure as it has a wonderful plot and I love the adventure aspect of it all travelling across the digital world and all the situations they get into. My favorite episode is episode 21 when Taichi gets sent back temporarily to the real world as that episode has amazing emotional moments.Also love how Bolero was used in the original. Liked Digimon Adventure 02 as well.

Digimon Tamers is also epic and love how well the real world was put into use with more human involvement and the overall more dark tone was great also.
Ruki also to me comes to me as the best leading female character out of the whole series.
Digimon Frontier also was good too, though I wish more effort and development could have been put more into Izumi,Junpei and Tomoki and their spirit evolution's as I felt Takuya and Koji took the spotlight way too much.

Can't say much for Savers as I have not completely seen it.

When I first saw the trailer for Xros Wars I was not really all that impressed. However when it came to watching it I felt it was quite good, not as good as Adventure but it felt great in a different way especially with all the Digimon being involved. On the other hand I much prefer the partner theme of Adventure - Tamers than the army theme. Also felt that like Frontier, that more characters than Taiki could have been involved and had some character development. Overall Xros Wars is good often feeling better than Frontier however I often felt Taiki came across as too "perfect" in comparison to the previous leading characters. However I do like how Kiriha was handled when it comes to characters and their flaws .Music wise it's pretty epic.
One complaint though what’s with the lack of “female”(Leading especially) Digimon and characters in this series? :( .Nene looked promising but she was pushed to the side.
Hunters I think pretty much is the weakest of them all and the ending comes across as rushed and poor. Any real plot doesn't come until the last few episodes.

Besides Xros Wars being dubbed as Digimon Fusion one game has come out a few months back for the PSP in Japan Digimon World Re digitize and Game play is mostly similar to that of Digimon World 1.I have got it still needs completing though great though despite being hard to do being all in Japanese. Another great thing is though Japan are planning on releasing another Digimon game for the PSP based on Digimon Adventure :D.
Anyway I do wonder how the dub is gonna deal with a certain female Digimon or two with Xros Wars.
Talking about box sets in comparison the Japanese sets cost a lot more if looking on Amazon Japan . Really wished the American box sets could have included the uncut original version with subtitles on the box set, I might of imported it then. But oh well.
Also does anyone collect or has collected any Digimon Merchandise?
I have some plush my favorite being Plotmon(Salamon) the Digimon Adventure Music Parade and Digimon Xros Wars Sound code Album as the Japanese music is epic and I really like Koji Wada and AIM's singing in particular and a few Digimon Adventure 02 DVD volumes imported off Amazon Japan among other things.
Anyway sorry if the post is too long.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 5:47 am

Watching this anime takes me back to the heady days of 1999/2000......