Does anyone ever feel randomly paniky?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Wulfart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

I'm still learning about AS and was wondering if anyone else ever get this sudden feeling that you're missing something, that there was something you were supposed to do and you forgot and your going to get in trouble or people will be dissapointed in you (big fear for me). When this happens to me, I get super hyper and frantic and even if I go through all the things I need to do and am not forgetting anything, the feeling still stays and afterwards, I feel drained.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

I have panic disorder and this is how I feel from day to day, even without anything to trigger it. Have you ever been diagnosed with or evaluated for anxiety of some kind?

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

Wulfart

29 Aug 2012, 2:02 pm

Not really. Thankfully for me, it doesn't happen to often, and has been low on my list to get checked out.

Nyrianstark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

yes i get this but i still feel like its a normal amount of panicedness although after my trip to the doctors today i am unsure what to do ...

but yeah everyone gets stressed out it depends what kind of household you live in :) x

go go lets catch the shiny! ^_^

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:00 pm

Wulfart wrote:
I'm still learning about AS and was wondering if anyone else ever get this sudden feeling that you're missing something, that there was something you were supposed to do and you forgot and your going to get in trouble or people will be dissapointed in you (big fear for me). When this happens to me, I get super hyper and frantic and even if I go through all the things I need to do and am not forgetting anything, the feeling still stays and afterwards, I feel drained.

OMG, yes - when I'm in college, this is practically an everyday occurrence for me.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Wulfart

29 Aug 2012, 4:40 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
Wulfart wrote:

OMG, yes - when I'm in college, this is practically an everyday occurrence for me.

Oh god, I couldn't imagine having to live with that feeling everyday, my hear would be white in a week!

BigBadBrad
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
Wulfart wrote:

Haha, me too! Sometimes it happens for me at work and I need to excuse myself for a few minutes to calm down.
A while back I was giving a tutorial to 100+ college students, and in the middle of writing out a solution to a problem on the board I just stopped explaining and writing, feeling like there was something critically important I was supposed to say or do for the students that day. It took me a minute to realise that there wasn't anything. By then the students were looking at me like I was insane. I went non-vocal (I panic and can't speak, not a word for 5-10 minutes) and my fellow teaching assistant took over. I had to chill out in the hall so that I wouldn't have a full blown anxiety attack.
That was before I was diagnosed, so I really didn't know what was going on at the time, but apparantly it is a combination of AS traits and and anxiety disorder that do that to me. That incident is funny to think about now, and since my diagnosis the guy I teach with jokes about it too because he thought I was insane at the time too.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

Yes. Sometimes I feel panicky for absolutely no reason that I can uncover. I think it's some kind of crossed wiring somewhere. Over the years, I have generally learned to just tell myself it's wonky wiring and to ignore it. That seems to help the most. It seems like the more I think about it/pay attention to it, the worse it becomes. There have been times in the past that I escalated it so far that I was afraid I would give myself a stroke or a heart attack.