Best software for editing video (Pinaclestudio problem audio

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 11:11 am

I have proble with editing soundtrack, i'm using video created in game by FRAPS and converted in Windows Movie Maker, now i using Pinacle studio to make good sound effect i bountiful soundtrack, but pinacle studio is very glitchy.

ZorgsMan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

I've had good results with the free AVS editor.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 12:25 pm

Well, I was going to say AVID, but apparently Pinnacle is an AVID product. --Upgrade to actual AVID, if you can afford to.

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2012, 3:50 am

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

I wonder if the normal "Sony Vegas" is any better, as they both look the same interface wise.

It does me well, and handles all the files I need, apart from "Xvid" encoded files, which I never use anyway, except the odd occasion when I just convert it to a lossless .avi for editing.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 4:27 am

Not to hijack, but maybe someone can suggest a decent FREE video editor? I want to digitize some old videos before I recycle this mostly-broken old camera.

I've borrowed a USB video capture device from a pawn shop I help out at but it has no software at all.

ZorgsMan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Not to hijack, but maybe someone can suggest a decent FREE video editor? I want to digitize some old videos before I recycle this mostly-broken old camera.

I've borrowed a USB video capture device from a pawn shop I help out at but it has no software at all.

AVS is free and handles most file formats. I've used Premiere and Final Cut Pro before and AVS was just as good at the simple stuff and faster with exotic fileformats and codecs.